Patient portion on schedule

For users or potential users.
teamhowey

Patient portion on schedule

Post by teamhowey » Mon Nov 02, 2015 10:48 pm

I am hoping I am missing something that is just easy, but is there a way to have the patients co-pay portion show up on the schedule? We have the production which is the total fee before adjustments, but would like to be able to see the patient portion similar to the treatment plan

bpcomp

Re: Patient portion on schedule

Post by bpcomp » Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:59 am

As you saw, you can show production on the schedule but there is no easy way to show co-pay. I did think of a work around but it's rather clumsy and inelegant. What you would do is create a patient field by going to (setup/family/patient field defs) and creating a new patient field for currency and call it Co-Pay or whatever you want. Then you would create a custom query that figures out the copay and dumps it into that patient field.

This breaks down when you have more than one appointment on the schedule for the patient or any time you change the TX. You would have to run the query several times a day to get it to update the information. To handle the more than one appointment thing, you would probably have to make a more complex query and have it do co-pay 1,2,3 etc.

All things considered, I'd say you can't do it yet and make a feature request for it.