Recall for two cleaning per 12 months

For users or potential users.
jdub

Recall for two cleaning per 12 months

Post by jdub » Mon Nov 02, 2015 5:51 pm

Is there any way to set up recall due dates so that the due date is calculated as 12 months from the second to last cleaning? This is the frequency limitation for Colorado Medicaid. Just scheduling every six months would work, but because the rule is two per 12 months, patients sometimes come in "early" for one cleaning (for example to use up benefits on one benefit year rather than the next), then the recall date in OD can be "incorrect" for this situation.

For example, if you had a cleanings on 09/18/2014 and 09/19/2014, these would both be paid, but another cleaning would not be paid until 09/18/2015.
So if I am scheduling on 09/19/2015 after the cleaning is completed, I would like the recall due date to be 09/18/2015. Of course, scheduling when there has only been one cleaning should just use the normal 6 month interval.

I imagine there is no way to do this, but just wondering.

Thanks,
Jack

bpcomp

Re: Recall for two cleaning per 12 months

Post by bpcomp » Tue Nov 03, 2015 7:10 am

There is no automated way to do it that I'm aware of. I'm guessing a query could be made that would have to have a special flag for those accounts and then it would check the appointments and list any that don't fit the recall conditions. It would be fairly complex to write that query and beyond my skills to do.