Alternatives to Lighthouse that confirm appointments?

For users or potential users.
kellyb

Alternatives to Lighthouse that confirm appointments?

Post by kellyb » Fri Sep 25, 2015 10:56 am

Hello,

I am using Lighthouse 360 and for the most part I'm happy with it. However, the "new and improved" portal no longer allows self-service custom message list management, and you can no longer send postcards or letters from it. The huge increase in per-postcard and per-letter pricing that happened after the Yodel deal also makes it less compelling a system than it once was.

I am open to considering other patient reminder/messaging systems but don't want to give up the automatic appointment confirmation back to my Open Dental system that Lighthouse can do.

Is anyone using an alternate service that they are happy with and which updates the confirmation status in Open Dental?

Thanks,
Kely

Jay

Re: Alternatives to Lighthouse that confirm appointments?

Post by Jay » Fri Sep 25, 2015 11:34 am

Are you using the REVIEWS feature? If so, I would be interested to learn how you will migrate them because I don't like the sound of these changes either.

kellyb

Post by kellyb » Fri Sep 25, 2015 1:49 pm

I am using the Reviews feature, although it "broke" (stopped posting to Facebook) when Yodel took over and I never received any notification that it would need to be set up again. I haven't taken the time to set it up either.

In my case, I'm willing to lose whatever review exposure I have from the product if I find a better alternative with full messaging and hopefully similar or better pricing that confirms automatically to open dental.

Thanks,
Kelly

KevinRossen

Post by KevinRossen » Sat Sep 26, 2015 9:36 am

We use Practice Mojo and I know a lot of people that switched to them. They're really great to work with and have a handful of additional features, too. Check them out here: http://practicemojo.com.
Kevin Rossen
Office Manager, Rossen Dental
Founder, DivergentDental.com

Arna

Post by Arna » Mon Sep 28, 2015 9:32 am

rhaber123 wrote:vendors recommended by OpenDental
http://www.opendental.com/manual/vendor ... ation.html
We actually state on that page that we do not recommend or endorse any of those services. That page is intended to be informational.
Entropy isn't what it used to be...

Arna Meyer

kellyb

Post by kellyb » Fri Oct 09, 2015 12:25 pm

So does Practice Mojo confirm the appointment automatically in near real time in OpenDental, like Lighthouse is able to do?

Of course I can call and talk to them, but would like my short list of companies to spend time analyzing be only those that auto-confirm in Open Dental. Perhaps Lighthouse is the only one?

tstrickler

Post by tstrickler » Wed Oct 21, 2015 3:22 pm

Yes PracticeMojo confirms in Open Dental when your patients confirm by email, text or autodialers. We sync hourly and OpenDental customers are very happy with the updates!

Also you can modify your messages and customize the timing of your messages with PracticeMojo. Postcards are only .54 each and the monthly subscription of $249 includes 100 postcards.

Finally, if you want to switch from LH360 (or any other service), the team can usually do a seamless transfer of reviews you've collected.

If you have questions or need more information, call 800.556.2580.

KevinRossen

Post by KevinRossen » Thu Oct 22, 2015 12:11 pm

kellyb wrote:So does Practice Mojo confirm the appointment automatically in near real time in OpenDental, like Lighthouse is able to do?

Of course I can call and talk to them, but would like my short list of companies to spend time analyzing be only those that auto-confirm in Open Dental. Perhaps Lighthouse is the only one?
Auto-confirmation was the only reason we were still with Lighthouse, but Practice Mojo does auto-confirm. I also like their web portal better than Lighthouse. Easier to navigate.
Kevin Rossen
Office Manager, Rossen Dental
Founder, DivergentDental.com

kellyb

Post by kellyb » Thu Oct 22, 2015 2:50 pm

Thanks guys - as soon as I finish a couple projects I am currently working on, I'll be checking out PracticeMojo.

Kelly