Imagine this type of patient routing slip automation

For users or potential users.
Bhdentistry

Imagine this type of patient routing slip automation

Post by Bhdentistry » Thu Sep 10, 2015 7:10 pm

I already have routing slips configured and I love it, but it is missing a couple things: 1) an indication of when a patient is due for hippa renewal and medical hdupdate 2) overdue bw , FMX, recalls

Now those would be cool fields for the routing slip but also imagine this.

Patient arrives and you check them in. A pop up version of your routing slip appears with incomplete fields and updates/ recalls highlighted promoting your staff to collect the info or take action to update/schedule.

I think it would be awesome to have it be an integrated routing feature. What you think?

On a side note, can you all vote for request 3879 which Improves forms on tablets and kiosk mode tremendously by removing the hideous wide gray bar on the side. The text will be larger and the forms will be usable.

Excited to hear what you all think.

-Matt

Ryan

Re: Imagine this type of patient routing slip automation

Post by Ryan » Fri Sep 11, 2015 9:58 am

Those sound like great ideas. I just looked through the feature request system and could not find anything for "Routing slip automation." Please create a feature request and describe some of the particulars you would like to see in the completed feature.
Ryan Meyer
Open Dental Software
http://www.opendental.com

Bhdentistry

Re: Imagine this type of patient routing slip automation

Post by Bhdentistry » Fri Sep 11, 2015 6:03 pm

I have added feature request 4158: Automated Digital Routing Slip
This feature would automate the routing slips as follows:

When you check in a patient, the routing slip pops up in a minimizeable window promoting your staff/front office to missing/overdue fields by higlighting them. Ideally this routing slip would be configurable just like the standard routing slip.

Lets say a patient comes in and you check them in;
This screen would pop up and higlight fields that are missing or need updating. Your staff would be able to see that:

A) you would want to collect email/cell phone for this patient
B) That their HIPAA needs updating
C) That their Health History needs updating
D) That the patient is due for an FMX or Bitewings or Recalls

I was hoping to bundle one more feature request with this, which is the ability to set BW recall frequency for patients because some patients needs BWs yearly and others every 2-3 years depending so it would be nice to have this setting.

Any clarifications or suggestions for this?