Purchased a SoftDent practice and Fee Schedules are a mess!

For users or potential users.
djanash@mac.com

Purchased a SoftDent practice and Fee Schedules are a mess!

Post by djanash@mac.com » Sun Aug 23, 2015 2:34 pm

Hi everyone, I am hoping to get some clarity on how to solve this mess that I am in and time is working against me since I can't bill out till I solve this issue. I recently purchased an office losing it lease that will be merged into my practice across the street. This office unlike mine accepts HMO's. The office also used SoftDent, and the conversion team at OD has been great. (special shout out to Saul)

What this office seems to have been doing wrong (or maybe because of the conversion) was entering each Employer Group Number as its own separate fee schedule. So I now have hundreds of hidden fee schedules each labeled as a local employer, and about a dozen, "real" fee schedules that were supposed in play some how in softened (v14). None of the patients have the right fee schedule attached to their charts neither, nor are patients properly assigned a carrier. When I run reports asking how many patient have a particular insurance or carrier I come up with a blank

They also did not have a separate fee schedule for each HMO plans but used a single one for all of them. Part of me feels like exporting all of the fee schedules from my main location as .txt file and starting form scratch with each existing and new patient that comes through the door. Has any one ever seen anything like this or been through this at all. Can anyone offer any guidance on the best and easiest way to handle this mash up.

Thanks

KevinRossen

Re: Purchased a SoftDent practice and Fee Schedules are a me

Post by KevinRossen » Sun Aug 23, 2015 6:07 pm

We converted from PracticeWorks, which has the same core technology as SoftDent. They didn't enter things wrong in SoftDent where each employer has its own fee scheduled. That's the jacked up way that software works. Every time you add a new plan you'd spend a minimum of 10-15 minutes just copying fee schedules. MAJOR PAIN!!!

You can quickly assign fee schedules to plans that have particular carriers pretty quickly the with Check Insurance Plan Fees tool. Read more about it here: http://opendental.com/manual/feeschedulecheckfees.html
Kevin Rossen
Office Manager, Rossen Dental
Founder, DivergentDental.com