ScanX Imaging software

For users or potential users.
Restemayer

ScanX Imaging software

Post by Restemayer » Tue Aug 11, 2015 12:18 pm

So, I'm getting so frustrated right now. We like OpenDental... or at least what we've tried with the trial... but the only thing that has held us back from making the jump is that, from what I understand, it has no included way of communicating with, and pulling images from, our ScanX machine. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe we need an intermediary program to bridge to in order to get x-rays. Getting an intermediate digital x-ray program has been like pulling teeth and I'm very close to the point of recommending that we scrap the changeover entirely and just stick with our current practice software. I just talked with Tigerview and they want some extra Windows server to run their storage thing. I'm running though an encrypted Samba/MySQL Linux server. I don't have a windows server license and I'm not buying and building a new WinServer for the sole purpose of getting our xray to run. Certainly, spending nearly $3000 on glorified digital camera software is out of the question in any case. So, does anyone have any alternatives? If I can't get the X-ray machine to work with OD, then we're dead in the water as far as this project goes.

KevinRossen

Re: ScanX Imaging software

Post by KevinRossen » Tue Aug 11, 2015 2:11 pm

What imaging software are you currently using? Looks like there's a bridge to Tigerview (see below), which might be what Visix is built on. So if that's what you're using now then I think you'd have all you need with your current imaging program.

From the online manual:
Air Techniques www.airtechniques.com
They make the ScanX, shown above, which is a popular phosphor plate system. They include imaging software called Visix, which is a rebranded version of Tigerview. As with the other phosphor plate systems, Gendex Denoptix, Soredex Digora, and Orex, the advantages are the price and sensor comfort. The price is especially appealing if you need panos. The disadvantages are the time involved and the fact that the phosphor plates can become scratched.
Kevin Rossen
Office Manager, Rossen Dental
Founder, DivergentDental.com

KevinRossen

Post by KevinRossen » Tue Aug 11, 2015 2:12 pm

Kevin Rossen

Restemayer

Post by Restemayer » Tue Aug 11, 2015 5:30 pm

Currently using Eaglesoft.

EDIT: Wait... the ScanX comes with Visix? That I didn't know (I didn't set the system up). I'll have to dig around to find it. My understanding is that Visix had to be bought separately and we did not get it because we didn't need it (at the time).

Jorgebon

Post by Jorgebon » Wed Aug 12, 2015 4:51 pm

Does Eaglesoft capture and edit images from your ScanX machine directly? I thought you needed an imaging software to bridge with Eaglesoft.
Jorge Bonilla DMD
Open Dental user since May 2005

Restemayer

Post by Restemayer » Thu Aug 13, 2015 4:54 pm

Jorgebon wrote:Does Eaglesoft capture and edit images from your ScanX machine directly? I thought you needed an imaging software to bridge with Eaglesoft.
Yup. Not sure if previous versions required separate software, but as of at least V.16 (what we have currently), Eaglesoft has its own integrated imaging module to pull, store, display, and edit xrays.

KevinRossen

Post by KevinRossen » Thu Aug 13, 2015 5:11 pm

For what it's worth, the Eaglesoft Imaging Module is exactly the same thing as Patterson Imaging. They just brand the software differently when it's setup outside of their Eaglesoft infrastructure.
Kevin Rossen

Restemayer

Post by Restemayer » Thu Aug 13, 2015 5:56 pm

KevinRossen wrote:For what it's worth, the Eaglesoft Imaging Module is exactly the same thing as Patterson Imaging. They just brand the software differently when it's setup outside of their Eaglesoft infrastructure.

I figured... but when it comes with Eaglesoft it also can't be separated from Eaglesoft. It doesn't have its own executable, so I can't use it to bridge to OpenDental like I would have been able to use if we had the separate Patterson Imaging. That is the core issue.

KevinRossen

Post by KevinRossen » Sun Aug 16, 2015 6:28 pm

Ah, that stinks. How much would they charge you to "convert" to Patterson?
Kevin Rossen

Restemayer

Post by Restemayer » Wed Aug 19, 2015 9:35 am

KevinRossen wrote:Ah, that stinks. How much would they charge you to "convert" to Patterson?
No idea. Probably too much. I did get back ahold of the regional salesperson. Good news is he transferred me to one of their techs who, after talking to me, told him that all I need is a single license. No database, no support, no extra licenses. Bad news is that he told me he'd "get back to me" with the new estimate for a single license and no frills... never called me back and his voice mail now has him "out" for the next month. I think I might have just gotten refilled into the circular filing cabinet labeled "don't care; not a priority" because the commission just became negligible. I hate that about business software. It's software, not a car... and I'm a perfectly competent computer technician and network administrator. I don't need a regional salesman, site cost analysis, and a mobile IT team for a single computer license. Just let me buy the damn thing off their website and UPS it to my office, like every other piece of consumer software that I can buy. //frustration

bpcomp

Post by bpcomp » Wed Aug 19, 2015 3:42 pm

I don't know if this would come even close to being an acceptable solution, but you could do twain capture as a scanner directly into OpenDental's imaging module. You wouldn't have mounting or several other "xray imaging software" features, but it would work.

Manny Ramirez

Post by Manny Ramirez » Sun Aug 23, 2015 7:10 am

I think the solutions is pretty simple. Migrate to Apteryx. They can convert the ES images, you can use their Scanx Twain and just brigde to OD. :o
Manny Ramirez
Senior Network Engineer
E-ssential Networks LLC

Iron-Man

Post by Iron-Man » Wed Jul 22, 2020 6:47 pm

I have a ScanX Classic.
I am looking for this file: ScanX 1.40 driver.

Thanks,

Iron-Man

Iron-Man

Post by Iron-Man » Sat Jul 25, 2020 8:35 pm

I solved my problem.
I used the VistaEasy software with Twain interface.

Iron-Man