total collection per provider based on receive date

For users or potential users.
serenityfamilydental

total collection per provider based on receive date

Post by serenityfamilydental » Mon Apr 13, 2015 6:37 pm

We get an associate. I would like to pay her based on her collection. So how do I get weekly/monthly collection number, cash, credit card, and insurance, based on receive date, not production date?

I think this is a very common question. I want to know every week/month how much each provider gets paid, regardless when productions are made. Right now, all production/income reports seem to me are based on production date. Did I miss anything? thx

Arna

Re: total collection per provider based on receive date

Post by Arna » Mon Apr 13, 2015 6:47 pm

You would still use the Production and Income Report, but focus your attention on the Income portions of the report.
You will probably also want to run that report to show writeoffs on the date of insurance check, not the date of service.
http://opendental.com/manual/reportprodinc.html
Entropy isn't what it used to be...

Arna Meyer

Arna

Post by Arna » Mon Apr 13, 2015 6:48 pm

I actually meant to reference this web manual page: http://opendental.com/manual/productionincome.html

We address the section regarding "Income by provider".

Arna Meyer

serenityfamilydental

Post by serenityfamilydental » Tue Apr 14, 2015 2:04 pm

Thanks. But e.g. I posted one insurance payment today 4/14/15 $100 for production day 3/25/15 by Dr. A.
When I run production/income report for this month. It shows no insurance payment on 4/14/15.

If I run payment report on 3/25/15, it shows insurance payment of $100.

So how do I change the system, so that it show income of $100 on 4/14/15 for Dr. A

Arna

Post by Arna » Wed Apr 15, 2015 9:40 am

It should show the income on 04/14/2015 from insurance for $100. It sounds like you have set the insurance payment date to 03/25/2015 instead of 04/14/2015. Open Dental uses the check date for posting income.

Arna Meyer

serenityfamilydental

Post by serenityfamilydental » Wed Apr 15, 2015 3:30 pm

Thanks. I know where my problem is now. I use Ins pay fix tool to automatically generate checks. It picks up production date as check date. Is there a setting I can change so that it pickup today as check day?

Arna

Post by Arna » Thu Apr 16, 2015 4:28 pm

The Ins Pay Fix tool creates checks for insurance payments that are not attached to a check. The check's payment date will be the date the claim was received. This is used when users have not been attaching their Insurance Payments to checks, and it would now take too long to clean it up manually.
There is no setting to automatically change that date, but you can go back into the patient accounts and edit the payments.

Arna Meyer

serenityfamilydental

Post by serenityfamilydental » Sat Apr 18, 2015 2:19 pm

I think this is a bug. I am pretty sure the software picks up claim send date instead of received date. If it uses received date, then I would not have problem

allends

Post by allends » Mon Apr 20, 2015 9:17 am

The software currently uses the claim's date received to create an inurance payment. If you have access to our source code, you can see the behavior in FormInsPayFix at line 32 and 43.
Allen
Open Dental Software
http://www.opendental.com

tgriswold

Post by tgriswold » Mon Apr 20, 2015 3:32 pm

Allen's comment was referring to the current version. This was changed in a bug fix "Database maintenance insurance payment fix tool now uses the date received on claims when creating checks." in versions 14.3.24, and 14.2.45. Any installation with that version or newer will use in the received date of the claim for the insurance check. Older versions will use the date of service on the claim to create the check.

However, I would strongly recommend creating insurance payments through the normal process instead of running this tool constantly. As Arna mentioned, it was designed for offices to catch up and then resume creating checks themselves. It is not meant to be a tool that is being run constantly.
Travis Griswold
Open Dental Software
http://www.opendental.com

uimtiaz

Post by uimtiaz » Fri Jun 19, 2015 5:26 pm

Hi,

I am having trouble generating a report for collections of my associates.

Most times insurances pay us between 14 to 60 days after we submit the claim.
After posting the payments in open dental I cant get a report the shows me the collection for an associate that worked on a particular day.

Is there any way I can get a monthly or weekly collection report for my associates?
After I post the payments, I need a report that shows what was collected on a specific day, week, month for each associate.

Currently I am manually adding up all the collections for each day the associate worked.