Itemize receipt for HSA

For users or potential users.
speed2th

Itemize receipt for HSA

Post by speed2th » Wed Mar 04, 2015 6:20 pm

I have a lot of patients asked me for itemized receipt for their copay so they can claim HSA or any other reimbursement. However, I am not able to do it on open dental. The statement only shows charges, credit and balance. Charges, would be the fee; credit, and balance would be accumulate of balance but there is no place to show patient portion for each treatment! can somebody help? It is very embarrassing that we are not able to print itemized receipts and I am seriously considering switch to eagle soft which i heard it could print itemized receipt.

KevinRossen

Re: Itemize receipt for HSA

Post by KevinRossen » Wed Mar 04, 2015 6:46 pm

I'm assuming you're dealing with insurance claims on this issue. The way you could give an itemized, procedure by procedure patient expense would be by printing the claim for them. This would only be useful once the claim is paid, though. Until then it will just be an estimate.

I'm not sure why your patients really need that level of detail. We've never had a patient require that level of detail for an HSA or FSA account. The printed walk out statements have been sufficient.
Kevin Rossen
Office Manager, Rossen Dental
Founder, DivergentDental.com

boboffice

Re: Itemize receipt for HSA

Post by boboffice » Wed Mar 04, 2015 9:37 pm

Have the patient submit the EOB they will receive and their credit card receipt.
Robert Marcus DMD
Univ. of CT '93
Poway, CA