Locked out of Security as Admin

For users or potential users.
dds120

Locked out of Security as Admin

Post by dds120 » Mon Feb 23, 2015 4:04 am

I was changing permissions on an employee who was also listed as ADMIN and unchedked box on edit Security....now I can't get into security to edit, and I'm the admin???

dgraffeo

Re: Locked out of Security as Admin

Post by dgraffeo » Mon Feb 23, 2015 9:10 am

Hey there,

When you change permissions on a user, you're actually changing permissions on the group that the user belongs to. You were likely a member of this same group so when editing the one member you were also editing your own permissions. An easy way to know who will be affected by the changes you're currently doing is to see who is highlighted red on the left grid when you have somebody selected, these are all the people within the same permission group. If you accidentally removed security editing permissions from yourself and there's nobody else that can re-assign them, feel free to give us a call and we can get it sorted for you!
"To understand what recursion is, you must first understand recursion."

David Graffeo
Open Dental Software
http://www.opendental.com

allends

Post by allends » Mon Feb 23, 2015 9:22 am

There are checks to prevent the database from having no security admins. Most likely there is another user in your database that has security admin permissions. If you know who that would be then they could simply give you your security admin permissions back as well.
Allen
Open Dental Software
http://www.opendental.com

dds120

Post by dds120 » Mon Feb 23, 2015 9:48 am

thats exactly what I did (removed someone else in group, and I was affected). But cant find out who has admin privledges, I know its not me though. Will call later today, thank you,
Frank