Insurance Payment Rentention

For users or potential users.
Manny Ramirez

Insurance Payment Rentention

Post by Manny Ramirez » Wed Feb 18, 2015 6:10 pm

In Puerto Rico, there is a retention for every check that is sent to the doctors in the EoBs , and sent to the tax man ( I assume ). In OD, there isn't a field where these retained amounts can be entered when reconciling a check. Is there any other way that these retained amounts can be enter so a report can be run over a period of time and know how much money has been retained ?
Manny Ramirez
Senior Network Engineer
E-ssential Networks LLC

Jorgebon

Re: Insurance Payment Rentention

Post by Jorgebon » Thu Feb 19, 2015 5:40 am

The way I do it is we have an excel spreadsheet that we prepared that is linked to Open Dental through the Program Links feature. Whenever we receive a check from an Insco we enter the data into the spreadsheet first, then we reconcile in OD. The spreadsheet has a tab for every insco and a tab for totals that are calculated automatically.

The PR state legislature is about to pass a new type of tax (value added tax) that we will be required to collect on every payment from patients. I figured out the best way to calculate this automatically in OD is to set allowed fee schedules for every insco and edit the regular fee schedules to include the tax.
Jorge Bonilla DMD
Open Dental user since May 2005

Manny Ramirez

Re: Insurance Payment Rentention

Post by Manny Ramirez » Thu Feb 19, 2015 5:29 pm

Maybe the accounting tool in the Manage module can be used for this. Create a retained income for all the different carriers
Manny Ramirez
Senior Network Engineer
E-ssential Networks LLC