Tooth chart condition indications

For users or potential users.
san.mmxi

Tooth chart condition indications

Post by san.mmxi » Tue Jan 20, 2015 2:47 pm

Can someone please point me to the list of requested features already in queue for Open Dental future releases. I am interested in seeing if the feature to show "condition" like Caries etc on the charts is already requested by someone else. I would like to add request for this feature in Open Dental otherwise. I find this feature really helpful when I use Eaglesoft. Anyone knows of a workaround for getting similar functionality. I tried using pencil to mark conditions but it's very time consuming and error-prone. Is there some plug-in to Open Dental for this feature?

Thanks

jsalmon

Re: Tooth chart condition indications

Post by jsalmon » Tue Jan 20, 2015 2:59 pm

san.mmxi wrote:Can someone please point me to the list of requested features already in queue for Open Dental future releases.
All feature requests can be found or made by simply going to Help > Feature Requests within Open Dental.
http://www.opendental.com/manual/featurerequests.html
san.mmxi wrote:I am interested in seeing if the feature to show "condition" like Caries etc on the charts is already requested by someone else.
Request #1255
The best thing about a boolean is even if you are wrong, you are only off by a bit.

Jason Salmon
Open Dental Software
http://www.opendental.com

Arna

Post by Arna » Wed Jan 21, 2015 11:38 am

I would recommend using a surface watch with the entry status of 'Condition'. I set the watch surface code to have a color override of black.
Entropy isn't what it used to be...

Arna Meyer

Pruce Dental

Post by Pruce Dental » Wed Jan 21, 2015 7:09 pm

OP...

Go into the procedure codes and find the "no fee" codes that begin with an "N" ... Find a block of numbers for example N4135, N4136, N4137, N4138 that are not in use to keep your list organized. Make dummy codes for example D4135 for "caries", N4136 for "open margin", N4137 for "overhang", N4138 for "missing restoration" etc for each condition you want to chart. Then double click on the code to bring up the "edit procedure code" window. select paint type "filling light", treatment area "surface", check "do not bill to insurance, make sure the fee is zero and select a color for your conditons on the "color over ride".

now in the chart to mark your caries.... look to the right of the graphical tooth chart at the tab "entry status" and select 'conditons" ..then find your dummy codes and post them to the correct surfaces to have your caries etc display in the chart. Then set up some chart view so you can flip back and forth between the conditions and treatment planned stuff...
Robert L. Pruce, DMD
www.prucedental.com

san.mmxi

Post by san.mmxi » Mon Jan 26, 2015 10:20 am

Thanks Robert and Arna! Great suggestions. I'll give these a try and share my findings.

Nav Menra, DDS
http://www.aliviodentalcare.com