DBSWIN Program Link

For users or potential users.
poochim

DBSWIN Program Link

Post by poochim » Fri Jan 16, 2015 2:50 am

I've managed to import patient details from OpenDental to DBSWIN using the program link setup, however I need to have DBSWIN opened manually.
I am hoping that whenever I press the DBSWIN button in OpenDental, DBSWIN would automatically open. Is it possible?

jsalmon

Re: DBSWIN Program Link

Post by jsalmon » Fri Jan 16, 2015 9:05 am

I'm not familiar with a way to automatically open DBSWIN with the current program link. You could (in theory) create a second custom program link that simply launches your DBSWIN exe that way you don't have to leave Open Dental. The bridge to DBSWIN simply writes to an import file which DBSWin automatically recognizes (when already open).
The best thing about a boolean is even if you are wrong, you are only off by a bit.

Jason Salmon
Open Dental Software
http://www.opendental.com

poochim

Post by poochim » Fri Jan 16, 2015 9:16 am

Thanks for the prompt reply. It's my first time using program link and was expecting it to open dbswin. But patient information import is good enough for me. Thanks :wink:

Jorgebon

Post by Jorgebon » Fri Jan 16, 2015 11:04 am

Have you tried entering the path of the file to open (the .exe file) in the DBSWin program link?
Jorge Bonilla DMD
Open Dental user since May 2005

jsalmon

Post by jsalmon » Fri Jan 16, 2015 12:07 pm

Jorgebon wrote:Have you tried entering the path of the file to open (the .exe file) in the DBSWin program link?
I don't think that will work because it is an internal bridge and the "path of file to open" field should be ignored. That is why I suggested creating a second "custom" one (basically it can't have an Internal Name of DBSWin).
The best thing about a boolean is even if you are wrong, you are only off by a bit.

Jason Salmon
Open Dental Software
http://www.opendental.com

poochim

Post by poochim » Fri Jan 16, 2015 4:53 pm

yeah i've just tried inserting the exe to file path, but it doesn't work. anyway, quite happy as it is :D