Export/Import Auto Notes

For users or potential users.
bgrutter

Export/Import Auto Notes

Post by bgrutter » Thu Jan 01, 2015 11:59 am

I recently purchased a second practice and would really like to export my auto notes and import them at the new office. Is this possible? My Office Manager has called, but no response to the inquiry, as yet.

Thanks in advance.

Arna

Re: Export/Import Auto Notes

Post by Arna » Fri Jan 02, 2015 9:15 am

The Auto Note body text can be copied and pasted, however there is no utility to export/import the prompts that are used within those notes.
Entropy isn't what it used to be...

Arna Meyer

Bhdentistry

Post by Bhdentistry » Sat Mar 19, 2016 8:43 pm

Is there anyway to export/import the prompts now?

Tom Zaccaria

Post by Tom Zaccaria » Sun Mar 20, 2016 3:32 am

You can copy the auto notes to Word. Save to a USB drive. Then copy and past them to the new office.
May take a few minutes but it is once and done, so to speak.

drtmz

Ardavan

Post by Ardavan » Sun Mar 20, 2016 6:22 am

OpenDental support offers a service, Database Split I think its called, but that may be overkill if all you need are autonotes.
Alternatively, and I hope advertising my services isn't against the rules here, I have transferred data including insurance carriers, providers, users, employees, allergies, autonotes and many more on numerous occasions for my employer as well as outside clients.
Of course there is always the copy paste method suggested, it all boils down to the amount of data being transferred, the value of your time, and the value of your data.
There are 10 types of people in this world, those who will laugh at this joke, and those who won't. ~Annonymous Bug Writer