Electronic Rx

For users or potential users.
sam-I-am

Electronic Rx

Post by sam-I-am » Wed Dec 10, 2014 6:48 am

New York is going to require that all Rx's, including narcotic, be electronic by the end of March. I just got an email from Schein promoting their stand alone, electronic solution (for $25/month).

I believe the current integrated electronic system can't handle narcotics...still true?

Does anyone know if the Schein product can be made to integrate with opendental? Does anyone have any familiarity with the Schein product, or any others that can handle narcotics?

I write so few prescriptions, this is all just a PIA

jsalmon

Re: Electronic Rx

Post by jsalmon » Wed Dec 10, 2014 7:11 am

Request #3000 - "Electronic Prescribing of Controlled Substances (EPCS)" is practically done and we just need to certify with our NewCrop rep. I'm not sure what the increase in price will be.

I can't guarantee that bridge to this Schein product will be completed before March (assuming it is even possible). We'd probably put a rush on it due to the deadline. You can submit a feature request for the Schein software bridge so that we can start contacting them to see if it is even a possible alternative to our built in eRx.
The best thing about a boolean is even if you are wrong, you are only off by a bit.

Jason Salmon
Open Dental Software
http://www.opendental.com

sam-I-am

Re: Electronic Rx

Post by sam-I-am » Wed Dec 10, 2014 7:54 am

I'll put the request in, but frankly, I'd rather just as soon use yours, assuming the certification happens. There's much to be said for keeping everything under one roof.

Heck, I've got till the end of March, plenty of time! :P