Images in Sheets

For users or potential users.
bcpayne

Images in Sheets

Post by bcpayne » Tue Nov 11, 2014 6:05 pm

I like the addition of the ability to incorporate images into sheets. Unfortunately I can't find any documentation on how it works.

I added 2 Pat Image items to a sheet and tested it with a patient that had 6 PAs in the Radiology category in the images. It appears to grab the most recent image and put it into both spots.

Anybody know if there is there a way to further select which image it uses? For example, I would like a letter that includes the panorex and PA to send back to the referring doctor. I have a feeling that this feature is just early in the development, because the current function as I see it would only be marginally useful.

jsalmon

Re: Images in Sheets

Post by jsalmon » Wed Nov 12, 2014 7:09 am

That is exactly as it is intended to work. It is basically giving you a way to put the image that shows up when you hover over appointments dynamically into sheets.
Pat Image section on http://www.opendental.com/manual/sheetsfields.html
Image Category: Select the Images category where the images are stored. When the sheet is created, the first image listed in the category will be used.
The best thing about a boolean is even if you are wrong, you are only off by a bit.

Jason Salmon
Open Dental Software
http://www.opendental.com

Jorgebon

Post by Jorgebon » Wed Nov 12, 2014 7:23 am

I created a new image folder called "referral image". What we do is that we copy the image we want to show in the sheet into this folder. You could mount your panorex and periapicals or Bt Wgs in your imaging software and then import it or copy and paste it into the folder. When you design your sheet, be sure to designate the referral image folder as the one where your image is located.
Jorge Bonilla DMD
Open Dental user since May 2005

casey

Post by casey » Mon Nov 24, 2014 7:44 am

Hello All!

I cannot figure out how to get the patient image into the sheet to begin with. I've created the folder in images where I can paste an image as mentioned. But, while editing the sheet, I cannot find how to add the Pat Image field. I can add a static image, but can't find pat image...ahhhhh!!

Please tell me how :)

Thanks!

Jorgebon

Post by Jorgebon » Mon Nov 24, 2014 12:12 pm

Are you in version 14.2 or higher?
Jorge Bonilla DMD
Open Dental user since May 2005

bcpayne

Post by bcpayne » Wed Nov 26, 2014 3:05 pm

Jorgebon wrote:I created a new image folder called "referral image". What we do is that we copy the image we want to show in the sheet into this folder. You could mount your panorex and periapicals or Bt Wgs in your imaging software and then import it or copy and paste it into the folder. When you design your sheet, be sure to designate the referral image folder as the one where your image is located.
So simple, it's genius. Thanks.

I would hope for a way to select the specific image when making the patient specific letter in the future, but this is a great work around for now.