Patient Portal & eServices

For users or potential users.
KevinRossen

Patient Portal & eServices

Post by KevinRossen » Thu Oct 30, 2014 10:56 am

I'm trying to enable the patient portal to be hosted by Open Dental. I've got a call into support on this, but wondered if anyone else has ran into the same thing I'm seeing. One of the first steps listed in the manual is the change settings in Setup > eServices. That option is not listed under setup. I'm using version 14.2.37.0.

I've looked everywhere for an option to turn on eServices and I'm not seeing it. Any ideas?
Kevin Rossen
Office Manager, Rossen Dental
Founder, DivergentDental.com

Arna

Re: Patient Portal & eServices

Post by Arna » Thu Oct 30, 2014 10:59 am

Ah! That got me first, too, to begin with. I am working with our technical writer to make the instructions a little clearer (I just assumed because I was blonde, I wasn't getting it).

I'm assuming you are following these instructions: http://opendental.com/manual/portalhostedbyod.html

Step 2 got me. You have to save a copy of the Modify the OpenDentalWebConfig.xml and then modify it to match your MySQL credentials. Once that is done, you should have the eServices option.
Entropy isn't what it used to be...

Arna Meyer

jsalmon

Post by jsalmon » Thu Oct 30, 2014 11:21 am

KevinRossen wrote:I'm using version 14.2.37.0.
For that version it's Setup > EHR > Patient Portal button in the lower left.
The best thing about a boolean is even if you are wrong, you are only off by a bit.

Jason Salmon
Open Dental Software
http://www.opendental.com

jsalmon

Post by jsalmon » Thu Oct 30, 2014 11:23 am

Alternatively, you can also get their by going to your EHR dashboard > Grant Online Access > Setup menu item in top left of the Patient Portal window for the specific patient.
The best thing about a boolean is even if you are wrong, you are only off by a bit.

Jason Salmon
Open Dental Software

KevinRossen

Post by KevinRossen » Thu Oct 30, 2014 12:17 pm

Arna wrote:I'm assuming you are following these instructions: http://opendental.com/manual/portalhostedbyod.html
Yep.
Arna wrote:Step 2 got me. You have to save a copy of the Modify the OpenDentalWebConfig.xml and then modify it to match your MySQL credentials. Once that is done, you should have the eServices option.
Tried that for the user field, be it's still not showing up. Do I need to restart MySQL or anything else? I tried closing Open Dental and reopening on the server. Also, for the computer name, does it need to be the server name?
Kevin Rossen

KevinRossen

Post by KevinRossen » Thu Oct 30, 2014 12:19 pm

jsalmon wrote:Alternatively, you can also get their by going to your EHR dashboard > Grant Online Access > Setup menu item in top left of the Patient Portal window for the specific patient.
We don't have EHR enabled, which from what I understand requires an additional fee. Do I need to enable that chekbox?

Also, not sure where I would find "your EHR dashboard" in the program.
Kevin Rossen

KevinRossen

Post by KevinRossen » Thu Oct 30, 2014 1:12 pm

Well, I give up. Tried all the steps I'm seeing on the manual. Had an initial call with a tech who remoted in and checked a couple settings, but still not able to get it to work. I opened up port forwarding on the router for the port, but still not getting it to work. Now just waiting on a time to get a tech to set it up for us.

Perhaps an updated write up on the manual might help us DIYers get it enabled that would save the wonderful Open Dental staff some extra time?
Kevin Rossen

Arna

Post by Arna » Thu Oct 30, 2014 1:20 pm

We don't have EHR enabled, which from what I understand requires an additional fee. Do I need to enable that chekbox?
The Fee comes in to play for the reporting for EHR. Checking the box won't change your support agreement and still enables certain EHR related features, such as patient portal.
Entropy isn't what it used to be...

Arna Meyer

KevinRossen

Post by KevinRossen » Thu Oct 30, 2014 1:52 pm

We are seeing an invalid URL error when we try to connect to the URL. Anyone else want to see if they're getting through?
[removed link]
Last edited by KevinRossen on Thu Oct 30, 2014 9:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kevin Rossen

jsalmon

Post by jsalmon » Thu Oct 30, 2014 5:42 pm

Thanks for posting your URL. I see you are not at the most recent version of 14.2 and need to update because we had a recent bug fix in 14.2.38:
"WebServiceLander.asmx web reference was pointing at an invalid URL"

Jason Salmon
Open Dental Software

KevinRossen

Post by KevinRossen » Thu Oct 30, 2014 8:59 pm

Updated to 14.2.38 and still getting the invalid url message. Maybe something on backend needs to be re-installed?
Kevin Rossen

KevinRossen

Post by KevinRossen » Thu Oct 30, 2014 9:04 pm

Posted too soon. Restarted the service and all looks to be working now. Link removed from above post for security reasons.
Kevin Rossen

KevinRossen

Post by KevinRossen » Fri Oct 31, 2014 6:11 am

Tested the portal with my patient info. I can log in, but when I try to view anything I get the following: "Error: CCD Generation Failed"
I'm supposed to have a tech calling at some point this morning.
Kevin Rossen