Netgear ReadyNAS Software slowing down access 2 MSQLDatabase

For users or potential users.
tacomadental

Netgear ReadyNAS Software slowing down access 2 MSQLDatabase

Post by tacomadental » Wed Oct 22, 2014 7:44 pm

Hi I've been running open dental for 4 years and recently I decided to automate all my backups and automate my offsite backup. I have a NETGEAR ReadyNAS312 installed in my house. On my server in my office I installed the ReadyNAS software and it all of a sudden slowed down access to the database on the server. Anytime a workstation needs to access the data like at the initial screen where you can choose which database you want it takes a long time to get to the login screen if you click too many times in anywhere teh screen fades and in the title bar it says the dreadful "Open Dental (Not Responding)" if you wait it'll get to the login page and after that its the same accessing any data. I think there is a conflict with the ReadyNAS software. Now I haven't even logged into the ReadyNAS software on the server or even started to do any backups using the ReadyNAS (I do my backups to a external harddrive after work using a program called "Folder Clone" great little software and then I was planning to backup the external hard drive to the ReadyNAS in my home). When I uninstalled the ReadyNAS Open Dental immediately started working. Has anybody come across this problem?

KevinRossen

Re: Netgear ReadyNAS Software slowing down access 2 MSQLData

Post by KevinRossen » Thu Oct 23, 2014 5:17 am

Sounds like their software is slowing down your server. I'd try uninstalling it and see if performance improves. If so, it's either their software or it could be your server could use an increase in RAM.
Kevin Rossen
Office Manager, Rossen Dental
Founder, DivergentDental.com