workstation not running

For users or potential users.
ujjwal singh

workstation not running

Post by ujjwal singh » Sun Oct 05, 2014 2:16 am

I was using opendental workstation on my system suddenly since a very long time it has stopped working one day.
But the parent computer is still running fine with the same database. While the child or workstation is prompting with an error "Unable to find any specified mysql"
Version 12.4 using.

Jorgebon

Re: workstation not running

Post by Jorgebon » Sun Oct 05, 2014 5:18 am

That could be a few things,
1. Check that you can see your mysql and A-Z files that are on the server computer from your workstation. To do this, click on "Network" in your workstation, you should be able to open these folders. If the folders are not there, then you have a problem with your network. It could be blocked by a firewall or your permissions could be wrong. You may also have a problem with your router.
2. Check when you try to run Open Dental on your workstation, what do you have in your choose database window? The first box should contain the name of your server, the second box should contain the name of your database (normally opendental), the third box should say "root" and the database type should be MySql. The rest should remain blank.
Jorge Bonilla DMD
Open Dental user since May 2005

sam-I-am

Re: workstation not running

Post by sam-I-am » Thu Oct 09, 2014 3:48 am

Sounds like network issue. Try substituting the name of the server with its IP address (192.168.etc). Worked for me. BTW, I didn't think of this by myself, opendental's great support helped me out with the same type of problem. So if still a problem, ask them!