problem with the payment plan set up

For users or potential users.
eastridgedds

problem with the payment plan set up

Post by eastridgedds » Tue Sep 30, 2014 6:49 pm

I spoke to one of the open Dental technician today, we have problem with the payment plan set up because when we set up the payment plan it erase the entire AC balance. Payment plan amount was transferred to the payment plan page. I think there is a programming problem because set up a payment plan is to keep track of patient's payment not erasing the entire ac balance.

If the entire account balance is erased after we set up the payment plan, it affect the total amount of production and collection in our aging report.

We also noticed that the statement created from and after payment plan set up does not has record of when pt made a payment. The statement only show the ac balance is zero. and show payment plan as "loan " amount and remaining principal amount as patient remaining balance. We cannot enter payment directly to the ac because it will create a credit even pt owes a balance., we have to enter it into payment plan but the problem is the credit will not show up on our audit trail as payment.

I don't know anyone use payment plan and experience the same problem and if anyone can make it work, I want to know how.

KevinRossen

Re: problem with the payment plan set up

Post by KevinRossen » Tue Sep 30, 2014 9:43 pm

eastridgedds wrote:I spoke to one of the open Dental technician today, we have problem with the payment plan set up because when we set up the payment plan it erase the entire AC balance. Payment plan amount was transferred to the payment plan page. I think there is a programming problem because set up a payment plan is to keep track of patient's payment not erasing the entire ac balance.

If the entire account balance is erased after we set up the payment plan, it affect the total amount of production and collection in our aging report.

We also noticed that the statement created from and after payment plan set up does not has record of when pt made a payment. The statement only show the ac balance is zero. and show payment plan as "loan " amount and remaining principal amount as patient remaining balance. We cannot enter payment directly to the ac because it will create a credit even pt owes a balance., we have to enter it into payment plan but the problem is the credit will not show up on our audit trail as payment.

I don't know anyone use payment plan and experience the same problem and if anyone can make it work, I want to know how.
We use the Payment Plans extensively and I haven't seen this issue. What version of Open Dental are you using?
Kevin Rossen
Office Manager, Rossen Dental
Founder, DivergentDental.com