Multiple doctors default

For users or potential users.
savvy

Multiple doctors default

Post by savvy » Fri Sep 26, 2014 5:24 pm

Greetings,
I have just acquired a retiring dentists patients.
The listed providers in OD now are Savvy and Jones.
When we enter the retired dentist patients into OD, the Provider is listed as "Jones".
Jones info is all Savvy's as Jones no longer practices.

We have noticed that when appointments are scheduled, the default Provider is Savvy.
Is it possible, and if so how, can we make it so that every time a Jones patient is scheduled the defaulting Dentist is Jones?

Of course, Savvy is the one that actually does the procedure, but, for purpose of compensation for Dr Jones, Dr Savvy pays a percentage of collections from Jones Patients to Dr Jones.

So far, we have seen a number patients since the beginning of the month that are Jone's.
Their Patient Information indicates that the Primary Provider is Jones.
Yet, when we run a Payment and a Procedure Report, all payments and procedures are listed as Provider=Savvy.

What seems to be confusing the issue is that in the Practice Information section, one can only choose one Default Provider (Savvy).
Patient Information section there is a field for Primary Provider.
For these new patients, that field states "JONES".
When the appointment is made, in the Edit Appointment section, there is no Provider field, instead it is called DENTIST and the default is Savvy.

Is it too much to ask for the Primary Provider listed in the Patient Information section to be the Default Dentist in the Appointment section?
Just seems like a logical progression...no?

Cheers!!

What are we doing wrong?
Candy is dandy, but sex won't rot your teeth.

Cheers!!!
Go Bears!!!!!
Savvy

Arna

Re: Multiple doctors default

Post by Arna » Mon Sep 29, 2014 9:57 am

This is either stemming from the 1. default Primary Provider for the patient or 2. an operatory assignment (based on how you schedule).
1. Check Lists>Providers. You may find that Jones has a number of patients assigned to them. If that is the case, you can move those patients across to Savvy using the 'Move Patients' tool on that page.
2. Jones may be the default provider for the operatory you are trying to schedule. Go to Setup>Operatories to check that out. If Jones is the default provider for the operatory, appointments will assume Jones as the provider for that appointment when scheduled in that column. You can remove or replace the default provider as needed.

As always, we are only a phone call away if you find it's trickier than that. :)
Entropy isn't what it used to be...

Arna Meyer

savvy

Re: Multiple doctors default

Post by savvy » Mon Sep 29, 2014 2:10 pm

Thank you Arna for the reply but.....

I want Jones to be listed as the provider.....for patients originating from the Jones practice.
I do want to schedule both Savvy and Jones in the same operatory.
All Jones patients indicate that Jones is the primary provider.
All Savvy patients indicate Savvy is the primary provider.
There is only one doctor doing the work.
I want to be able to enter the patients ONCE....listing their primary provider as either S or J.
Schedule the patient.
Do procedures and collect money and ins.
At the end of the month, run a report listing all the Jones patients seen, the procedures preformed and the payments collected......Just for Jones, no one else.

Can I do that?
Candy is dandy, but sex won't rot your teeth.

Cheers!!!
Go Bears!!!!!
Savvy