New Discount Field

For users or potential users.
spsheffield

New Discount Field

Post by spsheffield » Tue Sep 09, 2014 3:34 pm

I have to say, I am a little disappointed in the new discount field in version 14.3. I was so looking forward to being able to easily apply a discount for payment in full at the time of service, but the discount field only works in the treatment plan module, not the account module. So the discount has to be applied before the procedure is set complete. In my office, the procedure is set complete by the assistants and then they are brought to the front desk for payment. I do not want the assistants to be the ones applying a discount, I want it applied by my front desk at the time of payment. I guess we will have to just continue doing a manual adjustment...And I have been waiting and waiting for this feature to be implemented, but it just seems backwards to me. Why would you not want this feature in the account module???

jordansparks
Site Admin

Re: New Discount Field

Post by jordansparks » Fri Oct 03, 2014 11:16 am

The plan has always been to do both. This gets us one step closer. That feature request had 1970 votes on it. The one you want is #622 which has 250 votes. It was kind of obvious to us which one was more in demand.
Jordan Sparks, DMD
http://www.opendental.com