Another Canadian Insurance issues

For users or potential users.
tomle

Another Canadian Insurance issues

Post by tomle » Sat Sep 06, 2014 5:33 pm

Hi All,

Pacific blue crosss in Canada does not accept claim treatment surface, V and F. So do most canadian insurance carriers. In OD, if the tooth is Anterior, then OD will not accept "B" surface treatment. How do I get around this problem?

My Language and Location is English(Canadian) and Canada.

Thanks

jsalmon

Re: Another Canadian Insurance issues

Post by jsalmon » Mon Sep 08, 2014 1:42 pm

What? Most carriers in Canada don't accept claims with work done on the vestibular surface?! What do they expect you to do instead, submit the claim with an incorrect surface?

My gut reaction to this post was to make sure that your tooth nomenclature is set to use FDI Notation. (You should double check this just in case)
http://opendental.com/manual/modulesetupchart.html

I'm just having a hard time getting past the fact that you say carriers do not accept those surfaces. Currently we have it on file that acceptable surfaces for Canadian claims are MOIDBLV. It might help you to know that if a posterior tooth contains the surface "B" or "V" it will get replaced with "B" before being printed or sent. If an anterior tooth contains "F" or "V" it will get replaced with "V" before being printed or sent (America replaces it with "F" which is not a valid surface in Canada)
The best thing about a boolean is even if you are wrong, you are only off by a bit.

Jason Salmon
Open Dental Software
http://www.opendental.com

tomle

Re: Another Canadian Insurance issues

Post by tomle » Mon Sep 08, 2014 3:14 pm

Hi Jason,

Yeah, that is what the user is telling me, that Pacific Blue Cross only accepts "B", and not "V" or "F", etc.. So if you have MV, it will reject the claim. Strange..