835s

For users or potential users.
Jorgebon

835s

Post by Jorgebon » Sat Aug 30, 2014 8:23 pm

I'm really glad to see that the automation of the reconciliation process with 835s is finally in the works. One thing I would like to point out is that it's a little difficult to find a specific 835 once we have the insurance check in our hands. The check usually arrives a week after the 835 does, and then we have to look for the corresponding 835 among a bunch of sent claims, 277s and all the other stuff that appears on the bottom half of the Send Claims window. I would like to suggest that 835s get their own window without all the other things that make it difficult for us to find the EOB we want. This window should have the date selection feature and other stuff such as "select by Insurance company" or maybe "order by payment amount". It would also be a good idea to have the EOB imported into the Batch Insurance Payment (or maybe a copy-paste feature) so we don't have to print it out and then scan it in.
Jorge Bonilla DMD
Open Dental user since May 2005

grahamde

Re: 835s

Post by grahamde » Tue Nov 04, 2014 4:06 pm

We have plans to add a filter of some sort inside the Send Claims window which will allow you to filter by the history Type. Details are still being drawn up, but I expect it will be near the date filters which are already in that window.

With regard to the EOB indicator inside the Batch Insurance Payment window, we have plans to add an additional indicator which will tell you if an 835 is attached. There will also be a button which you can press to load the 835 details if there is an 835 attached. This enhancement is planned for phase 3 of our 835 implementation. Currently we have completed the 1st and 2nd phase. I expect we will be on phase 2 a little bit longer while we attempt to smooth out the wrinkles. We need phase 2 to be relatively wrinkle free before we attempt automatic importing in phase 3.
Derek
Open Dental Software

Jorgebon

Post by Jorgebon » Wed Nov 05, 2014 10:52 am

Glad to hear all this is in the works.
Jorge Bonilla DMD

dgraffeo

Post by dgraffeo » Mon Dec 15, 2014 1:26 pm

Hey there,
I just finished up the feature and it will be included in our next release. There will now be a drop down selection box where you can select all the claim types that you want to display in the History window. Yay!
"To understand what recursion is, you must first understand recursion."

David Graffeo
Open Dental Software
http://www.opendental.com

Jorgebon

Post by Jorgebon » Mon Dec 15, 2014 4:11 pm

Thank you so much!!
Jorge Bonilla DMD

spsheffield

Post by spsheffield » Tue Jan 27, 2015 5:32 am

I am getting ready to start using the 835 feature, as well as utilizing EFT payments from insurance companies. My question is, once I start doing this, am I going to have to enter in a separate deposit into Open Dental for each EFT payment made? Essentially I would be entering in a whole bunch of deposits for each individual EFT "check". Is that the correct way to do it? Currently I use the bridge to Quickbooks to match up my Open Dental deposits with my Quickbooks deposits. The only reason I ask is because my office manager is not too happy about having to create so many deposits, but I am assuming that utilizing 835's will more than make up for the additional time it takes for creating the deposits.