progress order in charts

For users or potential users.
sam-I-am

progress order in charts

Post by sam-I-am » Wed Aug 13, 2014 4:36 am

If a patient is seen twice in the same day (returns because of bleeding, etc) often the second visit will show above the first in charts, this is, in the wrong order of the appointment happening. My guess is that the order is determined by the procedure code first, then the date, but time is ignored?

Any way to fix this?

jsalmon

Re: progress order in charts

Post by jsalmon » Wed Aug 13, 2014 7:04 am

Depends on what version you are at. Most recent follows the logic in the "Order of Rows in Progress Notes" section of this page:
http://opendental.com/manual/showtabchart.html

Currently there is no way to change the ordering (except clicking on the column titles after the module has loaded).
The best thing about a boolean is even if you are wrong, you are only off by a bit.

Jason Salmon
Open Dental Software
http://www.opendental.com

sam-I-am

Post by sam-I-am » Tue Aug 19, 2014 3:48 am

Actually, quite a useful suggestion By making a new chart view, and then a couple of clicks, I can now see what I occasionally need...the tooth history ordered by date. Never thought to do that (or maybe didn't even realize I could!).

Thanks Much, Sam Barr

Jorgebon

Post by Jorgebon » Tue Aug 19, 2014 5:46 am

Actually you can change the order in which items appear in the progress notes by assigning a priority number to each one. Assign prioity 1 to the item you want to appear first, then assign priority 2 to the second one and so on.
Jorge Bonilla DMD
Open Dental user since May 2005

KevinRossen

Post by KevinRossen » Tue Aug 19, 2014 7:13 am

sam-I-am wrote:Actually, quite a useful suggestion By making a new chart view, and then a couple of clicks, I can now see what I occasionally need...the tooth history ordered by date. Never thought to do that (or maybe didn't even realize I could!).
Setting up custom Chart Views is one my favorite features. I use it every day (at the front desk) to quickly see a number of different things. Here's what I have setup:
Kevin Rossen
Office Manager, Rossen Dental
Founder, DivergentDental.com

jsalmon

Post by jsalmon » Tue Aug 19, 2014 8:50 am

KevinRossen wrote:
sam-I-am wrote:...custom Chart Views is one my favorite features.
It was fun to write too :D
The best thing about a boolean is even if you are wrong, you are only off by a bit.

Jason Salmon
Open Dental Software
http://www.opendental.com