Invalid registration key?

For users or potential users.
nwdentist

Invalid registration key?

Post by nwdentist » Thu Jul 24, 2014 12:25 pm

I get it when you're a 'free' user and not on the support plan of any kind, you don't have a registration key. This means you won't be able to receive updates or make a feature request. But does that mean you don't get to even get notified of updates, or see what feature requests have been made already? Not being able to initiate something sounds fair with the free use, but not seeing anything in this regard?
Sina

Arna

Re: Invalid registration key?

Post by Arna » Thu Jul 24, 2014 3:50 pm

We don't use the software to notify users about updates. We use the website for that purpose. We publish the new releases, including web manual pages of all the new features to the main page. Historical version information can be found on the Version page: http://opendental.com/manual/versions.html

Our feature request system is, indeed, tied to the registration key. Our active customer base is encouraged to submit feature requests and participate in the voting system. I don't believe users that do not have Open Dental generated keys can participate in the feature request portal. I'll have to get back to you on that.

Users you quote as 'free' are either self compiled or using a re-seller version of Open Dental. There are certain limitations that come with not being on support, and this is one of them.
Entropy isn't what it used to be...

Arna Meyer

Justin Shafer

Post by Justin Shafer » Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:20 pm

Yep.. It is secure as well..
http://www.soapui.org/

:lol:

Passed the fuzz test.

Just recompile the latest version or get with the third party that sold you Open Dental... or get back on support!!!!!

nwdentist

Post by nwdentist » Tue Jul 29, 2014 2:50 am

Didn't quite catch you Justin.

First time that I heard of this saopui thing. Does it compile C# projects like open dental or what?

I actually compiled open dental from the svn, as described on the open dental website. I'm not in North America, so never been on support to get back on it in the first place!

I'd love to hire/pay local developers to further develop the program—possibly in collaboration with the open dental team, and provide the code to the US team to test and commit if they want. That could be the kind of support I can provide to this nice project as a non-US dentist.

I'd love to hear back from the team.

Cheers
Sina

drtech

Post by drtech » Tue Jul 29, 2014 8:01 am

nwdentist

I have been working on a plugin for a number of years little by little to work side by side to add features to OD. I would be open to collaboration with other developers if someone else would like to. I don't have lots of time to developing as I run a full dental practice while raising my family, but I have lots of ideas to make OD better.

www.smilecouple.org/opendentalgold
David Fuchs
Dentist - Springfield, MO
Smile Dental http://www.887-smile.com

nwdentist

Post by nwdentist » Sat Aug 02, 2014 1:54 pm

Dear David,

Thanks for the response. I look forward to our future collaboration. I too have my hands full, but don't mind my free time spent on open dental. The automation opportunities are vast with this software, and I'm willing to incorporate them as much as possible. I do have a programing background but haven't got my hands dirty with coding, as I tend to get lost in the process and stay up late, which takes its toll on me. I'd rather hire part-time developers and have them do the job.

I'd love to share ideas. I'm not sure where to start as I'm a new open dental user, and have some vauge ideas that might have been already implemented.

Cheers
Sina