Assigning Clinics to Operatories and Appointment Views

For users or potential users.
B.Thomas

Assigning Clinics to Operatories and Appointment Views

Post by B.Thomas » Mon Jul 21, 2014 6:28 pm

We just opened a satellite office and I want to be able to schedule patient appointments by office (or clinic since we enabled the clinic feature). Assuming each patient is assigned to the correct clinic in the family module, is it possible that each patient can only be scheduled to their assigned clinic on the days we are in that clinic? In other words is their some way to have a prompt pop up when an assistant schedules a patient assigned to clinic/office 1 to a day when we are at clinic/office 2?

The reason for this is that our staff travels and the phones are forwarded to whichever office we are at that day. What I want to avoid is a patient assigned to office 1 scheduling an appointment to office 1 on a day we are at office 2.

From reading the help section on clinics I believe this can be accomplished by assigning clinics to each operatory and using schedules for the days we go to each office. The problem with this is that I cannot figure out how to have the Appointment View only show the operatories for 1 clinic for each day. Is there an easier way to do this?

Thanks in advance!

tgriswold

Re: Assigning Clinics to Operatories and Appointment Views

Post by tgriswold » Fri Jul 25, 2014 7:17 am

My recommendation would be to set up one appointment view for each clinic, and separate ops for each clinic. You can then edit that appointment view to only show the operatories for that clinic. As you mentioned, you can then use schedules or blockouts for the days that staff will not be at that clinic.
Travis Griswold
Open Dental Software
http://www.opendental.com