A Way to Make the Aging Report more accurate for us

For users or potential users.
shellzb910

A Way to Make the Aging Report more accurate for us

Post by shellzb910 » Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:53 am

In our office we have options for patients to finance their portion of their dental work. When that happens their balances move slowly from 30 to 60 to over 120 days as patients can finance treatment for up to two years depending on total cost. I would like to have a way to be able to mark these accounts so I could see what that AR is...and also so that I can mentally remove that amount from our total AR. Best case scenario would be to be able to exclude them from the Aging report as a choice...

Thoughts?

MJ :D
Thanks,

Michele

Arna

Re: A Way to Make the Aging Report more accurate for us

Post by Arna » Tue Jul 08, 2014 1:56 pm

The Payment Plans were designed to handle this scenario. Instead of being tracked in the Aging of A/R Report, amounts due are tracked in the Payment Plan Report.
See: http://opendental.com/manual/paymentplan.html
Entropy isn't what it used to be...

Arna Meyer

bpcomp

Post by bpcomp » Tue Jul 08, 2014 3:58 pm

Another option is to create and set a new billing type (setup/definitions/billing types) for people on financing and then exclude that billing type when running your aging reports. (When running aging report, just uncheck the "all" box under billing types and then select the types you want to run)

I offer this as an alternative to using OD's built in payment plans if that just won't work for you.

shellzb910

Post by shellzb910 » Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:57 am

bpcomp wrote:Another option is to create and set a new billing type (setup/definitions/billing types) for people on financing and then exclude that billing type when running your aging reports. (When running aging report, just uncheck the "all" box under billing types and then select the types you want to run)

I offer this as an alternative to using OD's built in payment plans if that just won't work for you.

OMG this was EXACTLY what I wanted! Thanks So much!!

MJ
Thanks,

Michele