emailing multiple patients at once

For users or potential users.
aussiedentist

emailing multiple patients at once

Post by aussiedentist » Sun Jun 01, 2014 3:53 pm

Is it possible to email a whole stack of patients at once?

I am trying to get some google reviews, or other online sites.

I can email each patient individually, but cant seem to do a bulk email

Would like to add an attachment to each as well

jsalmon

Re: emailing multiple patients at once

Post by jsalmon » Mon Jun 02, 2014 10:21 am

So there isn't a way that I'm aware of for sending out generic emails in bulk like newsletters and such. Our users usually only email in bulk for things like statements, recalls, confirmations, etc. This is feature request #728.
The best thing about a boolean is even if you are wrong, you are only off by a bit.

Jason Salmon
Open Dental Software
http://www.opendental.com

NilayShah

Post by NilayShah » Fri Aug 08, 2014 9:01 pm

I use mailchimp.com and actively maintain updated patient email list. Their service is free for up to certain number of emails going out per month - I believe it's somewhere around 2500 a month? But I have one of my staff update the email list every friday from opendental and enter it into mailchimp - takes only a few minutes. I plan newsletters to go out on Monday mornings. I use the mailchimp app on my phone to track how many people opened the email, who clicked on a link inside the email, etc. - All this for FREE!

I also send out custom patient surveys through surveymonkey.com. I connect it to mailchimp , I do this once a week myself - takes only a few minutes. The survey only goes out to new patients once and when a patient completes their treatment plan.

If you need help, I can certainly show you how to put this together. Let me know.
Nilay Shah, DDS
Open Dental Rocks!

mopensoft

Post by mopensoft » Sun Aug 10, 2014 9:32 pm

How about export list of patient's emails and copy them to sender address of a email client like outlook or webmail?

I have a tool to send bulk email for sending "email address change" when you move job but never thought of make it a plugin. For my curious city, how often you need to do it?