Appointment Reminders...Reducing No Shows

For users or potential users.
opensource

Appointment Reminders...Reducing No Shows

Post by opensource » Sat Jun 23, 2007 9:37 am

Hello Team,

I am sure the subject line sounds familiar. To address this, we have made various changes in the follow-up/reminders done by our office. As part of that we have started using PromptAlert too.

One additional feedback that I got from one of my friend/patient was, maybe put it on patients outlook(OL)/calendar would be helpful. I thought this was a great suggestion.

For those who have given us their office email address as a contact email (the chances are they are using MS outlook at their work place). Was wondering if it was possible to have a plug-in created within OL which would extract the contact list and appointments from within Opendental (My SQL). This way, OL can be used as the main source of communication. Alternatively, ofcourse, Opendental can create OL appointment files which can be emailed to the Patients.

While thought about communication, Wondering if when we receive emails from the Patient..it would be great if these could be opened within the email interface of OpenDental and an option to add the response into the comm log directly (the key would be the email address). Unfortunately today, the email goes out from opendental and the response come to Outlook/Eudora or whatever client the office might be using.

Your Thoughts/ideas ?

Cheers,

OpenSource

jordansparks
Site Admin

Post by jordansparks » Sat Jun 23, 2007 9:49 am

Receiving email is obviously planned. It's a higher priority that your idea of sending OL appointment files.
Jordan Sparks, DMD
http://www.opendental.com