Appointments disappearing

For users or potential users.
Toothdr97

Appointments disappearing

Post by Toothdr97 » Thu May 15, 2014 5:51 am

Has anyone had issues when appointments are made, and then you go back and they are gone. We have patients show up with an appointment card in hand, but the appointment is not on the book. Also, recall cards once went out with the wrong dates on them. I am running 12.3.25. Is this maybe a bug? It seems to be happening a lot lately. We just installed a new monitor with windows 8 at the front. Could that be the issue?
Thanks
Cathy

KevinRossen

Re: Appointments disappearing

Post by KevinRossen » Thu May 15, 2014 11:50 am

The times I've see this happen it has always been user error, buy your mileage may vary.
Kevin Rossen
Office Manager, Rossen Dental
Founder, DivergentDental.com

Toothdr97

Post by Toothdr97 » Thu May 15, 2014 1:44 pm

Hmm, it doesnt always happen to the same person, it is happening with several different people and several different computers. Just wondering if we should upgrade

jsalmon

Post by jsalmon » Thu May 15, 2014 2:08 pm

Updating couldn't hurt in my opinion. Our audit trail keeps getting better and better so if it doesn't solve the issue simply by upgrading it will probably be much easier to look at the audit logs and see what is happening or who is manipulating your appointments.

However, I did have an office blame us for deleting their appointments when in fact one computer was simply set to show a different appointment view. Hopefully it's nothing like that for your case :D
The best thing about a boolean is even if you are wrong, you are only off by a bit.

Jason Salmon
Open Dental Software
http://www.opendental.com

Manny Ramirez

Post by Manny Ramirez » Fri May 16, 2014 7:45 am

How about creating a Recall type that says 5 Months Reminder and make the interval 5 Months instead ?
Manny Ramirez
Senior Network Engineer
E-ssential Networks LLC