Setting procedure time units to zero

For users or potential users.
aussiedentist

Setting procedure time units to zero

Post by aussiedentist » Mon May 12, 2014 5:12 pm

There are a couple of procedure codes i wish to set to zero, as they block up my appointment calendar (when i do whitening here in oz, i use 118*8, which has 15 min increments. ) I wish to set this to zero, but od will not let me set it less than 15 min.

Any ideas?

I keep getting a couple of hours in my appt module for the issue of a whitening tray!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jsalmon

Re: Setting procedure time units to zero

Post by jsalmon » Mon May 12, 2014 9:17 pm

You can't have procedure codes set to zero. If you had an appointment with only procedures with lengths of zero on it, it would be a total length of 0 minutes long thus you wouldn't be able to see it on the schedule...
If you're curious about the logic of how procedure code times are treated when added to an appointment, check out the "Time Bar" section on this page:
http://www.opendental.com/manual/aptedit.html

After you add all your procedures to an appointment, you can quickly adjust the total time of the appointment with the slider or just by dragging the bottom of the appointment around on the schedule to make it shorter as necessary.
The best thing about a boolean is even if you are wrong, you are only off by a bit.

Jason Salmon
Open Dental Software
http://www.opendental.com

aussiedentist

Re: Setting procedure time units to zero

Post by aussiedentist » Wed May 28, 2014 11:56 pm

Thanks,
I understand that i cant have an appointment with a time of zero, but i only want some codes to have zero

WIth my whitening code here in australia, i do 8 or ten of them at once, which then throws the appointment book out.

My nurse doesnt realise the mistake, and a whitening tray issue has taken up over an hour of the appt book

Can i set one or two item numbers to zero time frame at all?