Reminder after making appointments SIX MONTHS in future

For users or potential users.
aussiedentist

Reminder after making appointments SIX MONTHS in future

Post by aussiedentist » Sun May 04, 2014 6:57 pm

If we finish a patients treatment today, may 14, we make their appointment for their recall in six months time, ie novem 14.

We want to call all of our patients about 2 or three weeks prior to their appointment, to check that the day and time is still ok (since they made this date 5 months ago and have usually forgotten about it!)

Is it possible for od to give me some sort of reminder to do this?

At the moment, we look manually at the calendar, run an audit trail, and see when the appt was made, which is very inneficient

jsalmon

Re: Reminder after making appointments SIX MONTHS in future

Post by jsalmon » Sun May 04, 2014 11:04 pm

The best thing about a boolean is even if you are wrong, you are only off by a bit.

Jason Salmon
Open Dental Software
http://www.opendental.com

boboffice

Post by boboffice » Mon May 05, 2014 3:41 pm

I have wished for such a function for a long time. I wish there were a way for a pop-up to occur every single time we make an appointment that would allow us to send an email (if one exists) detailing the next appointment with "add to calendar" capabilities. Essentially this is the modern day version of the appointment card.
Robert Marcus DMD
Univ. of CT '93
Poway, CA

KevinRossen

Post by KevinRossen » Mon May 05, 2014 7:31 pm

boboffice wrote:I have wished for such a function for a long time. I wish there were a way for a pop-up to occur every single time we make an appointment that would allow us to send an email (if one exists) detailing the next appointment with "add to calendar" capabilities. Essentially this is the modern day version of the appointment card.
We use Practice Mojo for almost exactly this same function. There are quite a few options for automated reminders and the costs are fairly low compared to cost of paying someone to do this manually and the loss of production from no-shows.
Kevin Rossen
Office Manager, Rossen Dental
Founder, DivergentDental.com

boboffice

Post by boboffice » Tue May 06, 2014 7:33 am

KevinRossen wrote:
boboffice wrote:I have wished for such a function for a long time. I wish there were a way for a pop-up to occur every single time we make an appointment that would allow us to send an email (if one exists) detailing the next appointment with "add to calendar" capabilities. Essentially this is the modern day version of the appointment card.
We use Practice Mojo for almost exactly this same function. There are quite a few options for automated reminders and the costs are fairly low compared to cost of paying someone to do this manually and the loss of production from no-shows.
While I agree, and use DemandForce, I wish OD would do this simple function. Sheets as insertable e-mail content would work.
Robert Marcus DMD
Univ. of CT '93
Poway, CA

aussiedentist

Post by aussiedentist » Mon May 12, 2014 6:00 pm

WOnt using the confirmation list show me ALL appointments made? Essentially, I only want to see ones made 5 months before (for preventive care), or 2.5 months before (for perio recalls)

I dont want to see any recently made appointments

jsalmon

Post by jsalmon » Mon May 12, 2014 9:31 pm

It's got date range filters. It even has the option to only show all appointments, only recalls, or all but recalls. I'm not sure if that gets it down to "exactly" what you want, but it probably gets you darn close.
The best thing about a boolean is even if you are wrong, you are only off by a bit.

Jason Salmon
Open Dental Software
http://www.opendental.com

Manny Ramirez

Post by Manny Ramirez » Thu May 15, 2014 4:00 am

We have a Note column in the Appointment module for this purpose. If we need to be reminded in the future for an even , such as the above , we would write a reminder in the Note column and we get reminded for things to do on that day. I hope this helps
Manny Ramirez
Senior Network Engineer
E-ssential Networks LLC

boboffice

Post by boboffice » Thu May 15, 2014 7:12 am

Manny Ramirez wrote:We have a Note column in the Appointment module for this purpose. If we need to be reminded in the future for an even , such as the above , we would write a reminder in the Note column and we get reminded for things to do on that day. I hope this helps
I should clarify: I'd like to send a reminder to patients... an email... that says: "Here's the appointment you recently scheduled for Joe: Monday May 3, 2015. Please add it to your calendar."
Robert Marcus DMD
Univ. of CT '93
Poway, CA