retirement

For users or potential users.
murmsk

retirement

Post by murmsk » Fri May 02, 2014 8:41 am

While I feel I still have 10 years or so left in me the realization that the day is coming has hit me. Further realizations suggest that the chances of being able to sell my practice are slim due to my geographic location.

There are several possible scenarios that could play out ....

I could sell to someone in a larger town and they would use mine as a satellite.

Most however are just closing the doors and dropping the records at another office.

Now for my question..... this is easy do do with paper records. Digital records offer some issues.

How should this be handled?

Here are my thoughts......

I might be nice to have a read only version of OD that could be installed on the buying dentist computer that would allow him/her to access records, review past treatments and print records as needed for mailing to other offices. We might also want a way of keeping track of accounts receivable as often selling/buying dentists will split the collections.

The only other option is to install a full version on the buying dentists computer and teach the staff how to use it.

steve

btw

in april 2004 I downloaded the trial version of OD version 2.1 (i think) and began playing with it . I had been looking for a new PMS and wasn't terribly happy with what I saw. My thoughts were, I was going to have to write my own and due to OD/ source code being open source I thought it might be a starting point or at least a learning tool for that project. The more I looked at OD and read about Jordan's plans well when 2.5 came out with payment plans for my ortho patients I made the jump right about now 10 years ago.
steve