Supply Inventory Module

For users or potential users.
genebrabston

Supply Inventory Module

Post by genebrabston » Tue Mar 18, 2014 8:08 am

We have been using Open Dental since 09/2010. Is the Supply Inventory section something that is worth utilizing? Our dental supply staff member uses sticky notes and a clip board and seems to perform her task well. Thoughts, opinions please....

Thanks,

Gene Brabston

KevinRossen

Re: Supply Inventory Module

Post by KevinRossen » Tue Mar 18, 2014 8:55 am

genebrabston wrote:We have been using Open Dental since 09/2010. Is the Supply Inventory section something that is worth utilizing? Our dental supply staff member uses sticky notes and a clip board and seems to perform her task well. Thoughts, opinions please....

Thanks,

Gene Brabston
I'm using it and I like it. Definitely an improvement over sticky notes and a clipboard. What I like best about it is that you can see when an item was added to the needed supplies. I also track our orders, so I can know the last time I purchased an item. We don't use it to track our current inventory levels, but we might consider that in the future.

It would be really nice if the feature allowed you to tie items in the supplies needed to the actual inventory and orders, but that's not an option now.

Overall, I'd suggest using it.
Kevin Rossen
Office Manager, Rossen Dental
Founder, DivergentDental.com

enamelrod

Post by enamelrod » Thu Oct 16, 2014 10:37 am

are there any plans to update this feature

jsalmon

Post by jsalmon » Thu Oct 16, 2014 11:11 am

enamelrod wrote:are there any plans to update this feature
A generic answer to this generic question is there are always plans to update every feature within the software.
Historically, in regards to this particular part of the program, it got overhauled in v12.4 and then we reduced the number of clicks it takes to do things in v14.1.

What feature request are you looking forward to seeing finished next with supplies?
The best thing about a boolean is even if you are wrong, you are only off by a bit.

Jason Salmon
Open Dental Software
http://www.opendental.com

enamelrod

Post by enamelrod » Thu Oct 16, 2014 12:25 pm

i added to the request list, but a place for a photo would be nice, running total, import and export of supply list,bar code support