making consent for for general procedures needing initials

For users or potential users.
born2bdds

making consent for for general procedures needing initials

Post by born2bdds » Wed Mar 12, 2014 3:20 pm

Hi,
I am transitioning to open dental from diamond dental and trying figure out how to incorporate our office consent with the topaz. We have one general consent form for fillings, SRP, extraction, crowns etc. The form has multiple areas of for intials and a signature portion at the bottom. Other dentists that employ similar forms in open dental type the pts initials in the fields sections and then have the pt sign the topaz. Anyone have any other suggestions? Also any thoughts on how the consent form would hold up legally with typed initials and one patient signed signature at the bottom of the page? Other questions are with the health hx, my thought is to have the patient fill the form and staff scan it since their is way to many fields to have the patient fill the form in the lobby or over the web. I have reviewed the forms that open dental has on the program but they are very inadequate and would fail a simple audit much less hold up legally.
Thanks
Babak

Jorgebon

Re: making consent for for general procedures needing initia

Post by Jorgebon » Wed Mar 12, 2014 3:22 pm

It should be OK because if you alter the form in any way, the Topaz signature is automatically invalidated.
Jorge Bonilla DMD
Open Dental user since May 2005