Email and automation

For users or potential users.
cheroxy

Email and automation

Post by cheroxy » Wed Feb 26, 2014 7:37 am

I am currently talking with a freelance coder to write a plug in that would send an email to people with a specific procedure code each day (a made up code that we use to followup with patients that had larger procedures done). Remembering that the new version will have email made me wonder if that email will come with any automation? Does anyone know about that?
Thanks

Arna

Re: Email and automation

Post by Arna » Wed Feb 26, 2014 12:18 pm

You can customize a recall with that code and email has been available for recalling patients as long as I have worked with Open Dental. It would still require someone to generate the recall and click the recall button, but everything else could be handled for you, so it's not *entirely* automated, but could, quite possibly, do exactly what you are looking for.
I'd be happy to show you if you give us a call.
Entropy isn't what it used to be...

Arna Meyer

cheroxy

Post by cheroxy » Wed Feb 26, 2014 12:58 pm

Thanks Arna. I have a lot of different recalls set up to remind us to do things like endo 6 month post op or even botox that we do here in our office, but I only use the email for the prophy/perio recalls because it looks to me like you can't change the email when you do "mass emails" like that. I could email each patient individually that comes up with a different type of recall, but that would still have to be done one by one, correct?

Arna

Post by Arna » Wed Feb 26, 2014 1:45 pm

Right, it would be a generic recall email.
On the other hand, you could run the report, export contacts and email from a list, however that is getting complicated, not at all automated, and turns into a big mess.
A nice feature request idea could be to customize recall messages based on recall type.
Entropy isn't what it used to be...

Arna Meyer

cheroxy

Post by cheroxy » Wed Feb 26, 2014 2:09 pm

OK, I'll add that to the list for sure