E-claims service

For users or potential users.
drschulman

E-claims service

Post by drschulman » Mon Feb 10, 2014 8:09 am

Hello! Was reading some old threads about clearing houses this morning as we are getting ready to switch from Claims connect (EDI) to Renaissance later today. We used to be on a $39 a month package and they increased it to $90 a month after several years with them. Not happy :) Spoke to them but they wouldn't budge. Soooo Renaissance will do $39 a month, which saves about $50 a month. Pretty good savings... I'm now a little nervous because of previous threads about it not bridging well??? But they were dated. Any thoughts???

stjames70

Re: E-claims service

Post by stjames70 » Mon Feb 10, 2014 8:38 am

Just a quick question -- why are you switching? It was my understanding that all clearing houses eventually had to go through EDI. We never had problems with Claims connect, so why are you switching?

drschulman

Post by drschulman » Mon Feb 10, 2014 8:44 am

No problems with them AT ALL. Just irritated me because they raised our monthly fee from $39 for several years to $89 for the same service. Renaissance is offering the $39 a month and have been for years so thought we should make a go at it????

Arna

Post by Arna » Mon Feb 10, 2014 9:14 am

We do not recommend using Renaissance because the format is not X-12. No validation is done on claims and not as much information can be sent. Renaissance only allows sending information that can be printed on a claim form. For example, the X-12 format allows for 15 different places of service, but Renaissance only allows 4 particular places of service, which are Provider's Office, Hospital, ECF, and Other. Some insurance companies reject claims if the place of service is not properly set for specific procedure codes. Some offices choose to use Renaissance anyway. Please bear in mind that our support for Renaissance issues is minimal.
Entropy isn't what it used to be...

Arna Meyer

Hersheydmd

Post by Hersheydmd » Mon Feb 10, 2014 8:17 pm

Tried Renaissance a while back and didn't like it. Cumbersome to use with OD.
Ask them to give you a month trial free to see if you really like using it. You should know after one or two days.
I am using Claims Connect and have been very happy with them.
My monthly bills with them average $40-50, including NEA. You must be filing a huge number of claims to hit $90/month.
Robert M Hersh DMD, FAGD
Univ. of Penn 1982
Brooklyn, NY 11234
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Robert-M ... 1471599429

JLM

Post by JLM » Thu Feb 13, 2014 2:31 pm

I have used Renaissance for several years and with OD since we went live in August of last year. We initially had a problem with the configuration but OD remoted in and fixed it and haven't had a problem since.

Jim Margarit, DDS

drschulman

Post by drschulman » Tue Feb 18, 2014 11:03 am

We were on a fixed rate for unlimited claims at $39.95 for years. This year they hiked us up to $89, I think that's pretty steep and doesn't include NEA. We process around 450 ish claims a month so going to the 21 cents a claim or whatever would cost even more.... Didn't make the switch, I was nervous but I still think it may be a pretty good savings if they are not to much of a hassle!

Hersheydmd

Post by Hersheydmd » Tue Feb 18, 2014 2:05 pm

drschulman wrote:We were on a fixed rate for unlimited claims at $39.95 for years. This year they hiked us up to $89, I think that's pretty steep and doesn't include NEA. We process around 450 ish claims a month so going to the 21 cents a claim or whatever would cost even more.... Didn't make the switch, I was nervous but I still think it may be a pretty good savings if they are not to much of a hassle!
Insist on a trial period before you pay.
Robert M Hersh DMD, FAGD
Univ. of Penn 1982
Brooklyn, NY 11234
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Robert-M ... 1471599429