Realtime Patient Insurance Eligibility and Benefit Request

For users or potential users.
eng2doc

Realtime Patient Insurance Eligibility and Benefit Request

Post by eng2doc » Fri Feb 07, 2014 6:35 am

I have searched this form and from time to time people have asked questions over the past few years regarding obtaining realtime patient's insurance eligibility and detail dental benefit information. By reading at old posts, it doesn't seem that there are any eVendors which provide good detail benefit information. I use ClaimConnect for eClaim processing and last time (about a year ago), when I talked to them, their support about benefit information was very limited. Has anyone had a better luck or more information to obtain detail benefit information for patient electronically or accessing only one or two websites. If not, how else are you getting the insurance information for the patient:
1) Is it by Phone (which is a slow and frustating process)
2) Logging into individual insurance websites (not consistent information and not all insurances have this facility. Some better than other).
I would sincerely appreciate any help. I am limited on my staff and can't seem to keep up with the information I need.
Thanks in advance.

KevinRossen

Re: Realtime Patient Insurance Eligibility and Benefit Reque

Post by KevinRossen » Fri Feb 07, 2014 6:49 am

In Texas we have a service called Insurance Answers Plus which gives an extremely detailed report on group plans for employers with 50 or more employees. It's incredibly useful. We also use ClaimX for our claims, which has an electronic eligibility request feature that works pretty well (when we use it). It can batch submit patients with appointments for a date or date range to verify eligibility. We haven't been using that feature like we should.

What we usually do, however, is verify eligibility for new patients (or current patients who give us a new card) on each carrier's website. We have logins for many of the major carriers. It usually only takes about 2-3 minutes to verify eligibility that way. We setup a wiki page with links and user names for each of our logins, so anyone from the front desk can quickly login to get the needed info.
Kevin Rossen
Office Manager, Rossen Dental
Founder, DivergentDental.com

rhaber123

Post by rhaber123 » Sun Feb 09, 2014 7:22 am

Kevin,

How do you setup a wiki page with links and user names for each of your logins?

KevinRossen

Post by KevinRossen » Sun Feb 09, 2014 10:14 am

rhaber123 wrote:How do you setup a wiki page with links and user names for each of your logins?
Starting in version 13.1 it's built right into the software under Tools > Wiki. Check out Open Dental's documentation on how it works. It's pretty easy to use after you understand the layout of the editing page.

Here's what it looks like when you're editing a page:
Kevin Rossen

drmaximus

Post by drmaximus » Tue Feb 11, 2014 5:36 am

What is the best interface for the staff to access the wiki page? By just going to tools --> wiki or is there some other way as I dont want them to change it.

Thanks

Hersheydmd

Post by Hersheydmd » Fri Feb 14, 2014 8:56 am

mark
Robert M Hersh DMD, FAGD
Univ. of Penn 1982
Brooklyn, NY 11234
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Robert-M ... 1471599429

KevinRossen

Post by KevinRossen » Fri Feb 14, 2014 3:07 pm

drmaximus wrote:What is the best interface for the staff to access the wiki page? By just going to tools --> wiki or is there some other way as I dont want them to change it.
The only way I know is through Tools > Wiki. It tracks changes and keeps old versions of pages, so you don't really need to worry about staff changing it. If they're anything like our staff they probably won't even know how to change the pages.
Kevin Rossen