New to OD

For users or potential users.
tdstewartuf

New to OD

Post by tdstewartuf » Mon Jan 13, 2014 11:52 am

Hello all! I am currently trying out the demo for OD as we are fed up with Dentrix. We've been playing around and I have a few questions.

1). How can you enter multiple providers? It was only letting us do one.
2). Is there any easy way to get meds in the system? It appeared that we would have to enter them by hand each time. Surely there is a database that we could just point and click....I hope.

I'm thinking since we are a just playing with the demo, that not all the bells and whistles are available. I just wanted to make sure OD was the one for us before switching. Thanks for your help, and I hope you don't mind, but i will probably be posting more questions as we get them.

tdstewartuf

Re: New to OD

Post by tdstewartuf » Mon Jan 13, 2014 12:26 pm

I just figured out to click on 'demo" instead of the default set-up for the trial software and I see there are 2 providers, so that can be done. Great.

bpcomp

Re: New to OD

Post by bpcomp » Mon Jan 13, 2014 3:06 pm

You've already answered 1 so I'll move on to question 2. The long and short of it is that there is a plan to integrate with Lexicomp in the future but that hasn't been implemented yet so as of right now an no guess on the time frame either. If you do a conversion then all your meds from that database will be transferred over. Any new meds will have to be entered by hand though.