possible bug with QB

For users or potential users.
Pruce Dental

possible bug with QB

Post by Pruce Dental » Sat Jan 11, 2014 10:45 am

Noted for some time and thought somebody else would pick up on this if it was a bug and never seem to have enough time to call support to ask during the workday...

I have separate income accounts set up for cash/checks, visa/mastercard, AMEX and CareCredit to keep everything neat in QB's.

After completing the deposit and it sends to QB the income account info is sent to QB correctly but if I go back and look at the deposit in OD the income account is incorrectly changed to the first income account type in my list each time.
Robert L. Pruce, DMD
www.prucedental.com

jsalmon

Re: possible bug with QB

Post by jsalmon » Sun Jan 12, 2014 11:16 am

We purposely didn't add another column to the deposit table to keep track of which QB account the deposit was sent to just for time sake. People wanted the QuickBooks bridge quickly and other than for historical purposes, which can be looked up within QuickBooks, we didn't really see a huge benefit for storing this information. Our assumption was kind of confirmed as you mentioned on how nobody else called in to complain about it.

Is there another reason you want Open Dental to keep track of which account the deposit was sent to?

With the sole purpose of this issue not being in the initial scope of the QB bridge development, I'm on the ropes about calling it a feature request. Also, when we back port bugs to previous versions that the bug exists in, we almost never change the schema of the database. This "bug" would require a schema change, so in the best case scenario it would be labeled as an enhancement to a beta version. <-- Just some food for thought

I'm eager to hear if there's more reasoning behind wanting this information stored that we simply didn't consider.
The best thing about a boolean is even if you are wrong, you are only off by a bit.

Jason Salmon
Open Dental Software
http://www.opendental.com

Pruce Dental

Re: possible bug with QB

Post by Pruce Dental » Mon Jan 13, 2014 1:16 pm

I guess it is not that much of a problem.,.just saw that it was recorded with the wrong income account type but guess I can turn my head to the left to see the actual transaction type for the deposit.
Robert L. Pruce, DMD
www.prucedental.com