Provider vs Employee

For users or potential users.
Restemayer

Provider vs Employee

Post by Restemayer » Tue Dec 24, 2013 11:04 pm

Correct me if I'm wrong, but from what I'm understanding is that a user can not be both a provider and an employee... an employee has access to the time clock, but can't be on the schedule as a provider... and providers can be on the schedule, but not in the time clock... correct?

So... what does our practice do when we have hygienists who are hourly employees? I mean, I could set up two users for them... one as a provider and one as an employee... but that is horribly redundant.

Am I missing something here?

Jake

Re: Provider vs Employee

Post by Jake » Thu Dec 26, 2013 3:00 pm

Generally you would add each one as their own employee, and then you would assign the employee name to a newly created provider in the setup>security screen

Arna

Post by Arna » Thu Dec 26, 2013 4:15 pm

You are correct in your understanding that a User account can only be either an Employee or Provider account.
For your hygienists, using an Employee account will suffice. That will give your employees time clock abilities. Audit trail will record the employee account credentials when the hygienists chart procedures and if they add a note, the note is associated with the logged in account. There is no need to have the association with the provider.
Entropy isn't what it used to be...

Arna Meyer

Hersheydmd

Post by Hersheydmd » Fri Dec 27, 2013 3:32 pm

Arna wrote:You are correct in your understanding that a User account can only be either an Employee or Provider account.
For your hygienists, using an Employee account will suffice. That will give your employees time clock abilities. Audit trail will record the employee account credentials when the hygienists chart procedures and if they add a note, the note is associated with the logged in account. There is no need to have the association with the provider.
There is a need if you want to track their production.
Robert M Hersh DMD, FAGD
Univ. of Penn 1982
Brooklyn, NY 11234
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Robert-M ... 1471599429

Arna

Post by Arna » Fri Dec 27, 2013 4:09 pm

The provider is still associated with the procedures when they are attached to the appointment. I should have been a little more clear- there is no need to associate a user account with a provider. The provider will still be credited for the procedures that they are listed to have completed.
Entropy isn't what it used to be...

Arna Meyer

Hersheydmd

Post by Hersheydmd » Thu Jan 02, 2014 4:29 pm

If you only set up your hygienist as an employee and not as a provider, you won't be able to track his/her production. You have to assign a hygienist (provider) to the appointment/procedure to track his/her production separate from the doctor's production.
I set up my hygienists as both employees and providers.
Robert M Hersh DMD, FAGD
Univ. of Penn 1982
Brooklyn, NY 11234
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Robert-M ... 1471599429