Please post your OD plugins ideas here.

For users or potential users.
zsyed

Please post your OD plugins ideas here.

Post by zsyed » Sun Dec 08, 2013 4:19 pm

I develop .net software and I would like to develop plugins for OD to help dental business. If you as a dentist have a pain point that is impeding your dental business, please post it here. If there is enough demand for it, I could get a team of programmers and deliver the plugin for OD for you in a reasonable time so that it would help you run your business more efficiently.

Thanks

Zulfiqar

enamelrod

Re: Please post your OD plugins ideas here.

Post by enamelrod » Tue Dec 10, 2013 4:56 pm

A bridge from asterisk pbx box to open dental to pull up chart information for pt and reminder information such as due dates, birthday, family members due dates balances, etc. automatically when a patient calls

rhaber123

Post by rhaber123 » Tue Dec 10, 2013 5:07 pm

for SMS Text messaging, a plug in or a bridge to "Google Voice" will be GREAT

zsyed

Post by zsyed » Thu Dec 12, 2013 8:42 pm

enamelrod wrote:A bridge from asterisk pbx box to open dental to pull up chart information for pt and reminder information such as due dates, birthday, family members due dates balances, etc. automatically when a patient calls
I have been researching that type of plugin but so far it may require replacing your existing phone provider with another phone provider then its doable. I am not sure if dentists practice in general would abandon their well established phone providers for this functionality. I could be wrong. GetWeave.com provides this kind of service but as I understand, you would have to take them as your phone service provider.

Thanks

Zulfiqar

enamelrod

Post by enamelrod » Mon Dec 16, 2013 7:10 am

weave is not integrated to the level im looking for and its an asterisk box that uses voip. im looking for a dialer HUD interface that pulls in information from open dental and writes notes back to the com log

pgor

Post by pgor » Tue Dec 17, 2013 12:39 pm

i want Enamelrod' plugin too!

KevinRossen

Post by KevinRossen » Tue Dec 17, 2013 1:48 pm

enamelrod wrote:weave is not integrated to the level im looking for and its an asterisk box that uses voip. im looking for a dialer HUD interface that pulls in information from open dental and writes notes back to the com log
What are you currently using for phones? We have an asterisk-based FreePBX system with desktop phones (Cisco SPA504G). I was able to setup Open Dental as a CallerID source. It's built into FreePBX and allows the phones to display the CallerID however I want.

Here's the query I setup:

Code: Select all

SELECT CONCAT(FName, ' ', LName) as name FROM patient WHERE RIGHT('[NUMBER]',10) LIKE replace(replace(replace(WirelessPhone, '(', ''), ')', ''), '-', '') OR RIGHT('[NUMBER]',10) LIKE replace(replace(replace(HmPhone, '(', ''), ')', ''), '-', '') LIMIT 1 
I know what you're looking for is more complex, but I think it could be done with a FreePBX system. That sounds like something I'd like, too.
Kevin Rossen
Office Manager, Rossen Dental
Founder, DivergentDental.com

enamelrod

Post by enamelrod » Wed Dec 18, 2013 5:34 am

exactly. I know it can be done. weave system is a voip hosted asterisk. I use the same phones they use and they told me because my phones are not "programed" to work with their pbx they would not reprogram my phone and I would need to purchase new phones. Their system is not integrated with open dental but it does pull some of the information from open dental. im looking for something that will expand the comm log to be integrated with asterisk so when a patient calls the notes from previous contact will apear, the owed moneys will apear, missed appointments, birthday notices. the option to email the patient, etc

KevinRossen

Post by KevinRossen » Wed Dec 18, 2013 6:46 am

enamelrod wrote:exactly. I know it can be done. weave system is a voip hosted asterisk. I use the same phones they use and they told me because my phones are not "programed" to work with their pbx they would not reprogram my phone and I would need to purchase new phones. Their system is not integrated with open dental but it does pull some of the information from open dental. im looking for something that will expand the comm log to be integrated with asterisk so when a patient calls the notes from previous contact will apear, the owed moneys will apear, missed appointments, birthday notices. the option to email the patient, etc
I did a little more research and I'm not seeing anything specifically developed for an asterisk system yet. TrixBox has a HUD that might have some features, but I'm not sure. So, it's probably something that could be developed, but that's beyond my expertise.
Kevin Rossen
Office Manager, Rossen Dental
Founder, DivergentDental.com

jwiddi

Post by jwiddi » Fri Dec 20, 2013 9:09 am

We're using a separate spreadsheet for treatment plans for patients. I would like to be able to hide separate fees in the printable tx plan. Also, being able to show payment options for patients for example:
splitting patient portion into 5 equal payments according to treatment priority
showing an interest free category for payments for 12 months (carecredit)
Paid in full discount option (we would be able to enter in % of discount)

docash

Post by docash » Sun Dec 22, 2013 7:35 pm

I would like to track laboratory information more accurately. That would include lab name, patient name, lab fee, invoice number at the very least. It would be great if shade selection, tooth number and service could also be tracked.
Thank you

Hersheydmd

Post by Hersheydmd » Fri Dec 27, 2013 7:04 am

jwiddi wrote:I would like to be able to hide separate fees in the printable tx plan.
You can do that now. Just unclick the Show Fees box in the Tx Plan window.
Robert M Hersh DMD, FAGD
Univ. of Penn 1982
Brooklyn, NY 11234
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Robert-M ... 1471599429

Hersheydmd

Post by Hersheydmd » Fri Dec 27, 2013 8:17 am

rhaber123 wrote:for SMS Text messaging, a plug in or a bridge to "Google Voice" will be GREAT
Have you seen viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4853&hilit=Google+Voice?
Robert M Hersh DMD, FAGD
Univ. of Penn 1982
Brooklyn, NY 11234
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Robert-M ... 1471599429

JLM

Post by JLM » Mon Jan 06, 2014 2:03 pm

Plugin Idea: Interface from OD to a bluetooth transmitter that will send messages to pebble watches on every staff member's wrist without them carrying smartphones in their pockets. Cool paging system.

JLM

sam-I-am

Post by sam-I-am » Thu Jan 09, 2014 6:23 am

Hersheydmd wrote:
jwiddi wrote:I would like to be able to hide separate fees in the printable tx plan.
You can do that now. Just unclick the Show Fees box in the Tx Plan window.
I think what was meant: to show only a grand total fee, not individual

jaynahar

Post by jaynahar » Thu Jan 22, 2015 3:59 pm

enamelrod wrote:A bridge from asterisk pbx box to open dental to pull up chart information for pt and reminder information such as due dates, birthday, family members due dates balances, etc. automatically when a patient calls
Folks,

What do you think from cost benefit analysis for this kind of plugin. Will any Dr. pay for such plugin and how much. What value it will bring to his practice with added on expense. Will this value worth the expense? What do you think, is it a need or just another want from wishlist.

May be this discussion will provide answer, if resources should be deployed to research/build this kind of plugin. Looking for feedback.

cchindmd

Post by cchindmd » Sun Feb 22, 2015 9:13 pm

I could see this as a tremendous opportunity. I'm not familiar with the other PBX/VOIP systems out there. I have been told by an IT friend he recommends something like ringcentral and I'm inclined to say if you could make an application that sat on a computer and interfaced with ringecentral I'd buy it. My feeling on pricing is 1. if it's expensive then it better come with unlimited licenses 2. if it is cheap then you can charge per computer.

By expensive I mean hundreds to thousands. By cheap I mean $20+ but less than $100 per computer using it.