Problem with statement layout & window envelopes

For users or potential users.
Smiledr

Problem with statement layout & window envelopes

Post by Smiledr » Tue Dec 03, 2013 9:02 pm

Am I the only one having trouble with the layout of billing statements with respect to standard window envelopes? The way statements print causes the address to be partially covered on the leftmost aspect of the window and also shows part of the credit card info lines at the rightmost aspect of the window.

I talked with support and didnt get anywhere. They suggested messing with printer prefs as a possible work around, but that doesn't work.

Anybody have a solution.

Charles Crowl DDS

jsalmon

Re: Problem with statement layout & window envelopes

Post by jsalmon » Fri Dec 06, 2013 11:46 pm

Interesting, I haven't really heard this complaint before. We use the statement print outs for the statements that we send out via mail at HQ and haven't run into an issue. Have you tried a different printer?
At the very least, there's a really popular feature request to move statements to our sheets framework which would not only allow you to fix this issue but to customize the statement to be more professional or personalized in regards to your practice.
http://www.opendental.com/manual/featurerequests.html
The best thing about a boolean is even if you are wrong, you are only off by a bit.

Jason Salmon
Open Dental Software
http://www.opendental.com

Tom Zaccaria

Post by Tom Zaccaria » Sat Dec 07, 2013 3:20 am

The statements are printed for what is called an double window invoice envelope. We have never had a problem with these envelopes.
Now they don't fit the same in a standard #10 single window envelope.

Is that what you are referring to?
As an aside, the invoice envelopes are much more expensive that the single window type.

drtmz

Hersheydmd

Post by Hersheydmd » Sun Dec 08, 2013 4:43 am

I have had the same problem with the envelopes we have. I have to print my statements to a .pdf and then manually move the return address & the patient address over on the page before sending it to my printer. A painful work around. Sometimes to save time we just print a label and stick it over the address.
Robert M Hersh DMD, FAGD
Univ. of Penn 1982
Brooklyn, NY 11234
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Robert-M ... 1471599429

JimZ

Post by JimZ » Sun Dec 08, 2013 8:33 am

I made this same observation years ago:

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=706&p=3159&hilit=st ... yout#p3159

Since we don't have the option of moving the return address on the statements yet, our solution was to switch to #9 double window envelopes from #10. #9 will show the return address better as the window is about 1/4 inch from the border of the envelope whereas the #10 is about 7/16 inch (sorry one of the few things in the dental field that is not in mm). I also think the #9s are less expensive but it is a tighter fit for the statements.

Jim