Can OD send me Emails or even better MMS alerts on my iPhone

For users or potential users.
djanash@mac.com

Can OD send me Emails or even better MMS alerts on my iPhone

Post by djanash@mac.com » Mon Nov 11, 2013 1:37 pm

Does any know of any applications or plug ins for OD that can send you a text message for certain "events" throughout the day from OD a program link?

Would be great for a doc with 2 offices
Anything?
I have strong feeling this can be easily achieved but wouldn't know who to ask or where to start with this.

Thanks in advance

zsyed

Re: Can OD send me Emails or even better MMS alerts on my iP

Post by zsyed » Sun Dec 08, 2013 3:31 pm

Hi, I am a .net software developer having downloaded open dental on my machine and reviewing the system. I would be happy to develop the plugin if I could get more information from you. Feel free to email me at ZULFIQARSYED at YAHOO dot com

Thanks

Zulfiqar

KevinRossen

Re: Can OD send me Emails or even better MMS alerts on my iP

Post by KevinRossen » Mon Dec 09, 2013 7:48 am

djanash@mac.com wrote:Does any know of any applications or plug ins for OD that can send you a text message for certain "events" throughout the day from OD a program link?

Would be great for a doc with 2 offices
Anything?
I have strong feeling this can be easily achieved but wouldn't know who to ask or where to start with this.

Thanks in advance
It depends on what types of events you're talking about. I know there are a few automation triggers available that can be triggered by completed procedures and a few other things. It would still require manually clicking send on an email, but it might work.

Check out the info on automation here: http://www.opendental.com/manual/automation.html
Kevin Rossen
Office Manager, Rossen Dental
Founder, DivergentDental.com