Automation Question

For users or potential users.
jourdo

Automation Question

Post by jourdo » Tue Oct 29, 2013 6:53 pm

(Sorry for originally burying this in the wrong spot).

I want to play around with the Automation feature and wonder if this can be done:

Up here in Alberta, we are stupid with our sterilization monitoring. I was wondering if it is possible to create an automation feature to enter a no fee code (eg. NXXXXXX - Sterlization Pouch #) in the patient chart once the appointment is set complete. Then the staff can enter the sterlization pouch number(s) into that code. It gives us an easy way to track what pouches go where. Right now we just type a note in the chart, but if we ever had to go back and look who we used what instruments on... well there is no easy way.

Is that something that the automation feature can do?

jsalmon

Re: Automation Question

Post by jsalmon » Thu Oct 31, 2013 9:05 am

Currently, automation doesn't have a trigger for completing an appointment, it does for completing a procedure. Regardless, it doesn't have an action for adding a specific procedure when the trigger fires which is what you would need for this to work with automation. I have a sneaking suspicion that what you want to accomplish can be done in a different manner but my brain doesn't seem to be working this week. I'll continue to try and think of a way.
The best thing about a boolean is even if you are wrong, you are only off by a bit.

Jason Salmon
Open Dental Software
http://www.opendental.com

draluu

Re: Automation Question

Post by draluu » Sun Jun 19, 2016 9:57 pm

To track sterilization cycles, we added a field "sterilization" in appointment so as to keep that information apart from the progress notes. Set-up>Appointments>Appointment Field Defs>Add. I wonder if there is a hotkey to automatically open that field to enter data. Unfortunately, Insert Quick Note, Ctrl Q doesn't work. I wonder if any body has tried bar codes and scanning it in, which is what is promoted by several companies offering instrument tracking systems and what is the cost.