Signatures for Credit Card Payments

For users or potential users.
B.Thomas

Signatures for Credit Card Payments

Post by B.Thomas » Thu Oct 03, 2013 11:36 am

I just signed up and installed X-charge today in the hopes it will save us some time and work. I was disappointed to find out our Topaz signature pad does not work with credit card payments. Instead it prints out a paper copy of the receipt to sign which we then have to scan to be paperless. Is there any workaround for this? If not how long will it be before this feature is added?

Thanks!

jsalmon

Re: Signatures for Credit Card Payments

Post by jsalmon » Thu Oct 03, 2013 3:55 pm

I doubt you'll see built into Open Dental any time soon. No one seems to think that feature is necessary. It's been around for at least five years and no one has voted a single point towards it.
This might be because X-Charge might sell some sort of card reader with a built in signature pad on it that people are using instead? That'd be my best guess.
The best thing about a boolean is even if you are wrong, you are only off by a bit.

Jason Salmon
Open Dental Software
http://www.opendental.com

B.Thomas

Post by B.Thomas » Thu Oct 10, 2013 8:04 am

There is a signature pinpad called the magtek ipad sc that works with xcharge but they were unable to tell me if it works with with open dental. Are there any other users that have a signature capture device that works with open dental?

jordansparks
Site Admin

Post by jordansparks » Thu Oct 17, 2013 5:58 pm

I think it's a priority even if people don't vote for it because it feels like a "missing" feature that should have been added when we added the Topaz.
Jordan Sparks, DMD

asanders

Post by asanders » Thu Oct 17, 2013 7:30 pm

I think it's needed as well. What's the request number?

B.Thomas

Post by B.Thomas » Thu Oct 17, 2013 11:00 pm

I contacted Mag Tek who makes a pin pad with the built in signature pad and they said they do not include software that saves the signature. It must be integrated with the software.

Jordan, would the easiest solution be to make a sheet with a signature area?

jsalmon

Post by jsalmon » Fri Oct 18, 2013 2:38 pm

After a more thorough search, I found multiple requests. Req #87 that Dr. Sparks added that has a decent amount of votes towards it and then the original request that I was referring to above was when I did a search for x-charge and came across Req #886. After reading Req #886 again, it seems to be more of a request for a bridge to a specific X-Charge terminal.
The best thing about a boolean is even if you are wrong, you are only off by a bit.

Jason Salmon
Open Dental Software