Pediatric Recall Questions

For users or potential users.
BHavenKidsDent

Pediatric Recall Questions

Post by BHavenKidsDent » Wed Oct 02, 2013 7:17 am

Hello all,

I am the office manager at a new pediatric dental office, and a new Open Dental user. We offer complementary 2 year check-ups to our youngest patients, and I've been noticing a complexity problem when trying to generate recall reports. We have lots of different scenarios for these 2-year-olds:

1. First exam, 30 minutes complementary appointment between 2 - 2.5-years-old (post D9310 Consultation at $0.00)
2. 2nd exam, if under age 2 they'll get a "re-consult" in 6 months (post D9311 re-consult at $0.00, we made up this code for reports)
3. 2nd exam, if over age three they'll be seen for their first comp. exam and cleaning (D0150 comp exam, D0120 child prophy, D1208 flouride)

I am pre-posting these procedures for patients in these age groups, so there are no mistakes in billing out periodic exams when they should be getting comp exams, etc. This seems to be causing some problems with re-call reports. I've been told that I must run individual reports for every type of possible recall exam (D0120, D0150, D9311). I downloaded the custom reports from open dental query examples, but when i run the comprehensive exam report, it will pull any new patient that's getting a Comp exam. Moreover, i'm not sure why i have to have so many reports for patients with and without these appointments. I wish I could just run one or two. Does anyone have experience in pediatrics, that may have more insight into the best system for this scenario? Also, I have little knowledge about the "setup recall and information" portion that "automates" the recall process. Is anyone using this system effectively? Thanks for your help!