Why would my total production numbers be dropping over time?

For users or potential users.
djanash@mac.com

Why would my total production numbers be dropping over time?

Post by djanash@mac.com » Mon Sep 30, 2013 6:57 pm

By total production I mean net production (production - write offs - adjustments)
I noticed that as time passes I keep noticing it dropping more and more...

e.g. Total July net production on August 1 would read 50K, then in on Aug 15, its 48K, then in the end of Aug it 46K, etc...

What is causing this?
Is it the payments coming in from insurance companies and the adjustments and writeoffs being put in?

bcpayne

Re: Why would my total production numbers be dropping over t

Post by bcpayne » Thu Oct 03, 2013 9:26 pm

The adjustments and write offs should affect the total production for the month that they were entered. So with the way we do it, if we enter a payment in August it would not change the total production for July, only for August (even if the procedure was done in July). I'm not sure if there is another way to do it but it is probably worth checking, to make sure the payments are being entered correctly and that there is no nefarious actions taking place regarding the cash flow.

jsalmon

Re: Why would my total production numbers be dropping over t

Post by jsalmon » Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:30 pm

This is such a complicated question that I doubt can be answered in the forum. I highly recommend giving us a call so that we can look into the issue with you in detail.
The best thing about a boolean is even if you are wrong, you are only off by a bit.

Jason Salmon
Open Dental Software
http://www.opendental.com