Keep payments away from RDH

For users or potential users.
JLM

Keep payments away from RDH

Post by JLM » Tue Aug 20, 2013 12:12 pm

I track RDH production and pay bonuses based on their output. They do not get credit for the exams I do. Consequently, there is one entry for provider DRJM and several entries for provider RDH1 for each recall patient.

When it comes time to enter the insurance payment, OD tries to give payments to the RDH about a quarter of the time. What combination of settings do I need to keep payments from ever being defaulted to the RDH?

BTW kudos to Spike and Richelle on their handling the conversion from Dentrix.

Jim Margarit

bpcomp

Re: Keep payments away from RDH

Post by bpcomp » Wed Aug 21, 2013 11:48 am

It really depends on what what you are trying to track. There are several ways to configure the recalls for different situations. The places I would look at to try and change the behavior is (Lists/Procedure Codes), in there is a check box on each procedure that can change the default "Is Hygiene Procedure" or not. Usually a procedure is not but you can set or unset that check box. Next thing I'd look at is (Setup/Operatories) and make sure that the dentist is set as DRJM and the hygienist as RDH1 for the column that you have assigned to hygiene.

At this point, any appointment that you place in the hygiene column will default to DRJM as the provider and RDH1 for any procedure that is checked as "Is Hygiene Procedure".

JLM

Re: Keep payments away from RDH

Post by JLM » Wed Aug 21, 2013 3:53 pm

Thanks for the suggestions. It appears that the problem is an artifact of the data conversion process from my old scheduling software. One or two appointments a day ignore the dentist/hyg settings for the operatory. The problems should magically disappear in 6 months.

JLM