Insurance payment

For users or potential users.
drjorgel1

Insurance payment

Post by drjorgel1 » Wed Jul 31, 2013 8:42 am

HOW DO I FIX A BILL THAT WAS SET AS PAID BY INSURANCE ,& THEN YOU FIGURE OUT THAT PART OF IT IS NOT PAID.

bpcomp

Re: Insurance payment

Post by bpcomp » Wed Jul 31, 2013 2:51 pm

Depending on what wasn't paid you can either split the claim or do a supplemental payment. If you already have the extra payment then I would just do a supplemental payment. If there is part of the claim that needs to be resent because it didn't pay then you can split the claim and resend the part that didn't pay.

Hersheydmd

Re: Insurance payment

Post by Hersheydmd » Wed Jul 31, 2013 3:04 pm

I think what you mean is how do you indicate on the claim that part of the claim wasn't paid yet. Double click the item that wasn't paid and change the status from Received to Not Received. To exit the window click Cancel not OK. OK will mark all the items Received. Cancel will not cancel the individual item edits.
When the additional payment eventually comes, highlight the items that are now being paid and click Receive Payment, not Supplemental Payment.
Supplemental Payment is only used when an item was paid previously and now you received an additional payment for that same item.
Robert M Hersh DMD, FAGD
Univ. of Penn 1982
Brooklyn, NY 11234
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Robert-M ... 1471599429